Chapter 36 - I can stay

Loki was running through the school halls frantically, trying to chase down Frigga and Odin. "Mother! All-father!" Loki finally caught sight of them both at the exit.

"Loki?" Frigga looks at him concerned, Odin doing the same while his son huffed and puffed.

"Forgive me for the intrusion," Loki caught his breath finally. "All-father, do correct me if I am wrong but you stated for my relations by the end of the year to lie in a joint connection between two realms, yes?"

"Yes, that is correct," Odin was unsure what could have been misinterpreted.

"Any two realms?"

"Yes. Loki, what is the matter?" asks Odin with a stricter tone.

"Midgard and Jotunheim," he finally lets out, "my group's project created a sustainable source for Jotunheim's ecosystem, yes?"

"Yes," Odin and Frigga nod.

"Right, well the source drives its power from power on Midgard. Nothing detrimental to this realm but incredibly vital to mine," he pulls out the papers while Frigga looks at Odin's surprise. "Within a small time slot, this device can benefit Midgard's frozen terrain, therefore consistent reliance on both realms,"

"So what do you propose?"

"Let me stay," he saw their shock, "I know, it seems undoubtedly-"

"Undeniably risky," Odin finishes with an add on, "Loki, does this have to do with that waiter?"

"Their name is Y/n," Loki stood his ground. "They know Midgard better than any of us! Beyond this world, all eight realms live in perfect connection while this one stays hidden in darkness, forgotten," he took a deep breath, "this is the nine realms, meaning there should be full harmony of nine, not just eight,"

"He isn't wrong," Frigga looks to her husband. "He's happy here... happier than he was anywhere else,"

"He has duties beyond this land-"

"And I will attend to them once I graduate, but I wish not to marry some random person to which I haven't spent the time I have with Y/n," Loki felt like crawling away but he had come so far in this conversation. "My duties on the throne will not be swayed, but dismay at marriage may, so please... let me stay here, rule Jotunheim, through connection not based in marriage,"

Odin's stoic face kept that way, never once fading. He let every point run through his mind, possibilities played as well. "Alright, I trust you whole heartedly. If you think this is best for your kingdom and the realms then so be it,"

Even Frigga was shocked by these words. Loki had no idea he'd come this far. He had no idea that Odin would agree, let alone phrase it that way. "Uhm... Thank you, All-father." All he could muster was that.

Odin sighs with a shake of his head, arms opening, "come here, my son." The young prince looked at the open arms before accepting. "Loki, you have grown into a wonderful Prince, many notable qualities which will show when you are king. I'm very proud of you, I truly am,"

Loki held his breath, tightening the hug just slightly. "Thank you, father," holding back those tears was starting to pose difficult. "Thank you,"

"You're very welcome... now go and tell everyone the good news," he gave Loki a fatherly pat to the shoulder.

~~~

"There he is," you walk forward while everyone sipped at their drinks Anna bought them. "Where did you- mmph!"

Taking you into a dip, drinks were spat out by the group like a domino effect at the sudden the scene before them. Technically Pietro got the brunt of the force.

"I feel gross and sticky," Anna frowns at her ruined clothes.

"Ha! That's what she said," Pietro shook the sweet tea off him like a dog, drenching everyone else.

"Gross!"

"Ew!"

"Not cool!"

"I'll kill him," Nat takes out a taser, Steve having to hold her back.

"Already ahead of you," Bucky flips out a knife.

"Woah, woah, as much as I love this more affectionate side of you... what is going on?" Finally getting up out of the dip, you hold his cheek.

"I can stay," he whispers, but you knew immediately what he meant.

"No way..."

"Yes way," he nods, kissing you again. "I can stay," head against another, nothing but a warm feeling filled your lungs with every breath.

The team couldn't help but awe a little, Wanda helping everyone exit while you both had your moment.

~~~

"So you're telling me you wrote this from the start?" Stephen sat on the stairs next to Anna who nods, sipping happily on her new boba tea.

"Technically the other me did," she leans her head on his shoulder.

"So the one in their world?" He points to the readers before narrowing, "I saw the comments, just so you know,"

"Yeah- oh, but don't mind them, I'll show you the other comments about Loki later," Anna promises, holding up the drink which he took a sip of. "When you're older you do get a lot more handsome by the way,"

"Am I not already?" He looks to the readers with a soft furrow. "How could I get better?"

"Alright, enough ego," Anna stands, ruffling his hair before dragging him down the hall, his hand on her waist, "I'll show you the books about you,"

"About me??" He does a double take as she giggles.

While the pair disappears out the building, you and Loki stood at the top of the stairs. Jaws on the floor, eyes wide and concerned from every word they heard.

"You're telling me... This is a fanfic?!" You whisper shout.

"You're telling me that Anna knew you'd get shot- how this would end- that- I'll kill her!" Loki runs down the steps.

It took a moment or two to realise his plans, but soon you were chasing after with a yell, "BAD LOKI! DO NOT STAB ANNA!"

~~~

✨Ta-da✨

✨Ta-da✨

When I wake up tmrw I'll have another shift at work so- hopefully you all enjoyed this!- Plus the "end credits" just at the end there ^^

‼️THIS BOOK IS COMPLETE‼️

For some reason people keep thinking it isn't, but it is, so please stop commenting for an update.

- Anna ❤️