Chapter 13 - Is this flirting?

Stark tower. A beacon in New York at night. You could spot it from Staten Island when a party was in full swing. Often, you wondered if there were any adults- or if the parties were thrown by the adults themselves. Techno-colour along the skyline, and no threats of the police available; truly the ideal location for any parties.

"Told you the leather jacket was a good idea!"

"Are you sure?" Strange asks Anna again while you nervously fiddle with your shirt.

"You look handsome as usual, doc," Anna fixes Stephen's clothing, doing the same with his hair as you fell back a little, the nerves building. "Hey, Y/n, what's wrong?"

"I don't think I should go," you move out the way of other teens storming the building.

"Why not?"

"Because they're scared," Strange scoffs rubbing his blushing cheeks, "Y/n doesn't like new, and they sure as hell don't want to make friends because they're scared of being rejected,"

"I am not!" you glare at him. "I'll prove it," shoving past him with determination, a few people make way for you.

"You're an absolute genius," Anna leans up and kisses his cheek causing another deep blush. "Oh my god is that red bull??" she runs off to a group of teens who were carrying cases of the energy drink.

"Ha... thanks- Wait- Anna, no!" He runs after.

~~~

"No biggie," you walk out the elevator once being shoved out the way. Yet again pushed to the side, you see students showing off their powers, using it to enhance the entertainment.

"Speak of the devil," Tony, Natasha, Pietro and Clint wander up to you.

"We were just asking around if you had turned up," Nat hands a beer over.

~I do not encourage nor condone underage drinking; know the alcohol laws in your country~

"Thanks... I got here with Anna and Stephen but I'm not sure where they went," hovering a gaze through the crowd, you look at Nat, "mystery girl here?"

"Corner, with Peter,"

"Cool, cool, cool," drinking half the bottle for some courage, you realise a missing person. "Did Loki ditch?"

"Nope, Loki is here," Tony grins a little.

"Hopefully we don't come into contact," looking to the bar then at the mystery girl across the room, one shot is needed before making your way over.

"God this is painful," Clint sighs for a few seconds before saying "nah, it's not, this is going to be funny," he snickers, using a grappling hook to hoist himself into the vents.

"Don't make a mess! My parents will have my head!" Tony yells, using small objects to hit the vents.

The liquor pours into the small glass, washing down your throat within seconds. With another beer in hand, you swallow your nerves. "It's okay, all good," stepping around others, slipping through groups, you find the mystery girl next to Peter. "Well, well, well,"

"Oh! Hey, Y/n," Peter smiles, sipping at his soda.

"Not a drinker?"

"Nah, I'm fine," he holds up his can. "Did you want to talk to-"

"Nah, no, don't let me interrupt," you wave your hand a little, stuffing it into your pocket. "Just wanted to say hi,"

"No, I'm sure it's alright," she uses her magic to draw forward a chair, throwing someone else off it first. "Take a seat,"

You look to the fallen, glaring student, shrugging and taking said seat. "I still don't see you around school. You are in our year, right?"

"I am," she looks to Peter who's eyes were wide. "I'm in your chemistry class, hadn't you noticed?"

"No, it's almost hard to believe I'd miss seeing you in that boring class," leaning an elbow on your knee, you match her smirk. "Are you lying to me?"

"Am I?" she leans in as well. Peter looks between you two, slowly slipping away without a word. "Now that he's gone, what exactly is it you want?"

You laugh lightly, taking the spot beside her. "Maybe I wanted to know more. I still don't know your name,"

Her body leans back against the couch cushion, "isn't it more exciting?" she lays her legs in your lap.

"Hm, frustrating is more like it," you tip the bottle back, trying to push down your heart leaping to your throat.

"Is it now?" the tip of her boot turns your face towards her. "Isn't that dreadful," her mocking tone was paired with a cute pout.

"You're adorable, you know?"

She seemed to almost be caught off guard. "Did you expect a compliment in return?"

"From the most show-stopping, drop dead gorgeous girl I've ever seen?" You hum in thought, "won't push my luck,"

"Is this flirting, Mx L/n?"

"Maybe it is, Miss...?"

Her laugh. God, that laugh could make you melt. "Nice try, but I think it's going to take a lot more than that,"

"More drinks or flirting?"

"Effort," she lifts off the couch, "might I add, you look quite handsome tonight," the mystery girl takes a ghost-like hold of your face, letting it linger before waking off.

"Fuck... me," you watch her disappear into a crowd of unknowns.

~~~

Sorry- short Chapter but- idk I just didn't have much lol

- Anna ❤️