Chapter 19 - Decently smart

Fuck.

"Oh! Valhalla above, forgive me," Frigga gives a hearty laugh, shielding her eyes and closing the door. "Do be safe and use protection!"

"Mother!" Loki stumbles off you, diving for his shirt as you roll onto the floor with a thud.

"This wasn't-! We weren't-!" Running out the room with Loki, he struggles to put his shirt back on while following frigga.

"I don't see a problem, you're both consenting adults! Just be safe," she shakes her head, hurrying away faster. "Dinner is ready, everyone is staying over considering there's a storm threatening from the East," her heels patter down the steps.

"Mother, would you stop that? I wasn't going to- we weren't going to- uhm-" Loki found it difficult to lie to his mother especially after being caught red- or rather, blue handed. However, that blue was now replaced by his Aesir form once again.

"You're both over the age of 18, by no means should I have any concerns as long as you're both responsible!" she hurries into the dining room where everyone was sat, having heard everything.

"Yeah, guys, as long as you're responsible," Tony smirks, taking money from Clint.

"I should... go," you take a few steps back, summoning the few items you brought with you in a quick glimmer of purple. "Thanks for having me,"

"I'll walk you out," Loki's offer couldn't be denied, you needed to settle whatever had happened. Whatever it meant.

Right now, you were clueless. Cluelessness was not something you enjoyed, especially concerning intimacy. Such a raw emotion you hadn't had such a wide range of experience with.

"Thanks," from the dining room to the foyer, you both had stayed silent. Breaking the ice was hardly your strong point, so when you pried open the oak gate-like doors, all you could mutter was a few words. "You know you don't have to worry about the test, you're decently smart already,"

"Only decently?" He rolls his eyes.

"Can't feed your ego too much," adjusting your bag strap, awkwardness clouds the air again. "Luna is probably being bored to death because of one of James' lectures,"

"He would enjoy talking to Rogers then," Loki muses, calming at your smile.

"I'll see you at school?"

"Whether I'm the mystery girl or not," he shrugs.

"You're much more tolerable that way," you couldn't help but nudge him before descending each step. When the door slams shut, you were left with a road of wood, evening birds retreating to their homes and not a building for miles.

Then it hit you.

"Fuck. No ride." Looking back to the mansion then to the road, you check the time with a small whisper of annoyance, hopefully no rain until you got to a near by bus stop.

A few miles down the road. Damn.

~~~

Rubble scratches under your boots, crunching and grazing against each other in the dead of night. Nothing of the wild outdoors bothered you, these patches of land had nothing more dangerous than a white-tailed deer.

With only two minutes having gone by, you were already exhausted. Then hope was starting to shed mercy on you with the sound of an engine rolling by.

One hand waving them down from the side of the road, the deep green Audi R8 eventually pulled up. "Please don't be a serial killer, please don't be a serial killer, please-"

"I admit now, I may just be decently smart," Loki was in the driver seat.

"It took you that long to figure out I'd be walking home?"

"Decently smart, remember?" He watched you open the car door, sliding in and inputting the address in the GPS.

On one hand you were glad he would drive you home. On the other, this would be a very awkward ride.

"Y/n..." he was a good driver, no commotion except those words. "About what happened..."

There it was. "It was bound to happen," each finger drums against your knee, "you know, with all that flirting we did,"

He couldn't stop his laughter, quiet but genuine. "So you're not mad?"

"Again, not to feed your ego, but you're not the worst kisser,"

Seemingly, that startled him quite a bit. "Really?"

"Yeah, not that I have that many people to compare to, but it was good," good? Really? That's all you could say??

"If it's any consolation, I haven't had much practice," he stops at a red light, "and hel, you weren't that awful,"

"Hey!"

"A little needy but I won't blame you," that smug wink and grin. How you wanted to punch it off his face so badly. "That telepathic barrier you have is really strong, you know? It's impressive... still breakable, so if you want to punch me, wait until I'm not driving- oh, and avoid the nose and lips,"

"I hate you so fucking much," slumping back in your seat to avoid him seeing your face, you play with the magic barrier a bit more.

"Keep hating me. You're cute when you're angry," his hand reaches out, finger hooking under your chin to turn towards him, "see? Adorable,"

"I hope this car crashes," slapping his hand away, your apartment was still a few minutes away. "So... Mr Popsicle,"

"Here we go," he looks both ways at a stop sign, "I wonder if that crash idea is still an option..."

"Come on, I'm just curious as to why," finally, your head was catching up to the spinning knowledge. "The heir to the Jotunheim throne hateful of his own kind,"

"Can we... not talk about this?" he was unsure how to ask, but thankful nonetheless when you agree. Looming over you both, silence was hardly unbearable.

~~~

whatintheactualfok kept complaining so you're welcome

- Anna ❤️