Chapter 6 - Groups

Everyone was huddled like herds of sheep, pushed to all corners of the room with those they trusted most. Bruce and you were left alone, one another by each other's side as a few familiar faces looked up with tilted heads, Thor waving you over.

"Hey, Thor is-"

"I'm ignoring him," you give a small wave back before moving with Bruce to a small spot. "I don't trust them,"

"They're the most popular people in school, why don't you- actually, no, that's fair," he drops his argument.

"Hi, Y/n," Peter waves from beside a person wearing gothic clothing and a boy with white streaks on the side of his black hair.

"Hey, Peter," you purse your lips suspiciously at the pair he previously talked to.

"Excited for your first fair??"

"Mhm, so excited!" You exclaim sarcastically.

"It's not like your average fair," the boy with white streaks folds his arms, walking over.

"I have to say, it's much more advanced. Last year's winner was Hela, Thor and Loki's sister, she won with her demonstration of the eternal flame on the ant's that passed away from Scott's little farm," Bruce admits.

"She's so hot-" but the person was cut off by the boy with white streaks.

"Stephen," the boy extended his hand. "This is Anna,"

"I can introduce myself, douchebag," Anna nudges him away. "Anna Watson, Gendefluid, Bisexual, I'm fine with any pronouns,"

"Nice to meet you," you nod in return, seeing them look expectantly at Stephen.

"I'm Stephen Strange, I'm Pansexual, cisgender and go by he/him pronouns,"

"Aw, look, he can listen," Anna gasps while Peter chuckles.

"Anna tries to make it as normal as possible to say your gender, sexuality and pronoun- but only if you're out the closet and comfortable letting people know," the brunette explains. "I'm Peter, I'm Heterosexual, Cisgender and go by he/him," (Also- I know about the fan headcanons about Peter being Bi and Trans, so just change it as you will because I'm saying cishet because it's the MCU "canon")

"That makes me so happy!" They clap their hands, hugging the sorcerer and spiderling in their arms. Peter happily accepted the side hug while Stephen tried to pull away with an eye roll and forced frown.

"Oh, well... I'm Y/n, I'm (sexuality), (Gender) and go by they/them pronouns," (I state you go by they/them because this book is Gen!neutral and the pronouns are they/them, but remember that gender does not equal pronouns! And I do realize some of you may not go by they/them, so I'm sorry about that if you use other pronouns)

"I'm Bruce, uhm, heterosexual, Cisgender and go by he/him pronouns," he adjusts his glasses nervously from the sudden company.

"Look at us being all friendly!" Anna claps their hands together.

~~~

"These are the teams!" One by one, each team was sent away and to the corners of the gym to interact. Chatter of annoyance and curse words were loud and clear. Teachers ignored pleads to change groups or to just work alone... which you soon understood.

"Next group, Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, Clint Barton and Thor Odinson!" The boys cheer and high five, Thor ruffling their hair as Bucky flips Clint off.

"That's going to be a mess," Wanda sighs.

"Wanda Maximoff, Vision, Anna Watson and Stephen Strange!" Anna tugs a moody Stephen towards Wanda while Vision floated towards them. You watched Anna initiate all the interactions which was odd considering the smile contrasted the dark makeup and clothing.

"Bruce Banner, Bucky Barnes, Peter Parker and Pietro Maximoff!" The teacher pointed Bruce and Peter to the group which collected; Bucky rolling his eyes when Pietro zooms around him to simply annoy.

"Next we have Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff, Loki Friggason and Y/n L/n,"

"Oh, you've got to be shitting me..." your head snapped to Tony and Natasha, unable to decipher if their stares were of hate or annoyance. Maybe not so much to you as Loki shoves past from behind, walking to the two as you follow, taking as long as possible to spend less time with them.

"Well, well, well, the gloomy and brooding duo," Tony smirks.

"Well, well, well, the boy with a silver spoon shoved up his ass," you roll your eyes.

"Oo, burn," Nat grins, slumped against the wall. "What's the plan then?"

"Make a project that will win the fair, set out tasks for one another and reduce all contact and interactions," Loki opens his book up, the feathering edges of the cover catching your eye but the title just out of sight.

"For once it seems he has a good idea,"

"My place after school," Tony takes his phone out.

"Over my dead body," Loki snaps his book shut. "I'd rather not be tainted with the filth you live in,"

Your glare deepened onto the god. From what you saw—the castle that was Stark mansion—Tony lived in complete luxury and not filth. Get Loki to live where you did for one day and he still wouldn't see the worst of the worst. You were privileged with what you grew up with, it wasn't a lot but it was better than most.

"Not all of us live in castles," Natasha kicks his shin making the god yelp in pain. "Some of us live in normal apartments and not mansions like Stark and you,"

You gave her a small glance, one of thanks, snapping from it when Thor appears with his group. "We have planned to collate at our home," he wraps an arm around Loki who raised a small blade to his neck. "Loki! Mother-"

"Mother isn't here," he sneers, hiding it when a teacher passes.

"Can we join? Steve is the only one with a license and it's easier if we're going to the same place," Bucky asks.

"Could we as well? It will be easier to go home with Pietro," Wanda scratches her arm awkwardly.

"Ah yes, let us all have a party at our home!" Loki throws his hands in the air. "Shall I bring the mead? How about an entire boar?"

"Enough, Loki," Thor pats him. "Be at our home at around 12 tomorrow,"

Reluctantly, you repeated your phone number as a group chat was created, mini chats extending from that. With phone numbers filling your scarcely used phone—scarcely in the terms of socializing with people not half across the globe—you were set on your way.

"See you then," shutting off your phone, you turn away and smile at Bruce who was admiring Natasha with a slightly infatuated look in his eyes. "Bruce, you coming?"

"Y-yeah," he adjusts his leather satchel and runs after.

"You like Natasha?" You smirk as he starts begging quietly for you to not say a word.

~~~

Can't believe I have a voucher for a $1 large chips from maccas 🕺 literally winning rn

- Anna ❤️