Chapter 10 - Trick

"So, are you new? I've never seen you before," you try and strike conversation. Not a word was muttered. "Alright... pronouns?"

She held up a small card which said 'she/her', then two pride pins: Bisexual and Genderfluid.

"Ah...  can you speak or is it something to do with your powers?" You smile when she gives a slightly audible laugh, light and airy. "You have a nice laugh, I wonder what your voice sounds like- oh, how about you say something?" you lean forward flirtatiously.

She shrugs lightly, completely amused. Taking the book back up to cover her face, you let a frown set in until seeing her pat the spot beside her. You perk your head up and grab your bag, meeting her side and settling down. A slight whiff of perfume met you, it was expensive and sleek, the musk of the old book clashing with it.

"Scholarship or are your parents loaded?" You tilt your head, but her eyes made you retract. "Sorry, that was a little rude," scratching your neck awkwardly, your confidence falters. "My name is Y/n, by the way... (Sexuality), (Gender) and my pronouns are they/them,"

Her eyes soften, head tilting with yours as she closes her book. Lifting from her seat, you panic slightly. Did you do something wrong? Did you say something wrong?

"I hope to see you next week, Y/n," her voice was like velvet, British and sultry.

"I'm counting on it," you smile hopefully, watching her walk out the classroom, two seconds passing before you fell backwards with a gleam. "Yes!- Oh fuck!" tumbling into a few chairs, you groan in pain.

~~~

"What's got you all happy?" Tony leans on the locker, Bruce waiting to go to class with you.

"Nothing," you say with a giddy smile.

"Mhm..." Nat watches as you turn around. "Who do you have a crush on?"

Snapping your head up at her, you stammer over your words which makes everyone smirk. "Oh, shut up," slamming the door shut, your eyes were narrowed. "I met her yesterday,"

"What's her name?" Wanda asks, leaning on Vision with a small smile, enjoying seeing a smile on your face.

"I don't know," you confess with a clenched jaw. "I'll see her in the halls, I hope, or probably in the club,"

"Club?" Steve tilts his head as you shrug, walking away with Bruce.

"We should tell them," Stephen watches from beside Anna who was busy trying to braid a small yellow, pink and blue bracelet using yarn.

"Nah," Anna made a few loops then slipped it on his wrist. "There you go,"

"It's stupid," Stephen glares at the writer and bracelet.

"Fine, I'll just take it back-"

"Hands off, it's mine now," the sorcerer walks off with an eye roll.

"We all know he was a moody teen," Anna turns to the readers. "Like it so far? Well, don't worry, you'll-" the bell went off making her jump. "Got to go," after a salute to the reader, Anna was gone.

~~~

"Anna, you planned this didn't you?" Natasha puts her tray down on the table before kneeling down to meet eyes with the writer upside down. Anna of course had decided to sit at the table, back to chair and head lulled near the ground.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she hides her face behind a book again. "Did you know for every book written there's got to be a universe where it wasn't?"

"Anna," Natasha persists.

"Obviously historical context would then disappear,"

"Anna,"

"But what if some fanfiction weren't made? With existence of thought-of realities like this not being thought of at all would it then cease to exist?"

"Stephen, can you please get your girlfriend to focus?" Natasha snaps to him, the sorcerer focused on his own book.

"Not my girlfriend, we aren't dating," Stephen scoffs ignoring the comment.

"And I don't have red hair," Nat deadpans. "Just say some stupid pet-name,"

Stephen sent a deadly glare to the assassin before looking to Anna who kept rambling. "Sweetheart,"

"What's up, doc?" Anna looks up to him before to Nat. "How dare you use him to get to me?"

"Did you plan to trick Y/n to liking Loki by making them have a crush on Loki's female form?"

"Define trick and plan,"

"Did you write it in your notebook to happen?" Nat glares.

"Uh... not in this reality," they jump up. "I've been told off for tampering enough, and the one time a miracle happens I'm suddenly the culprit??"

"Yes!" Tony yells from across the cafeteria.

"Thanks, Stank!" Anna flips him off. "I swear on my love for Redbull and hello kitty stuffed animals, I had nothing to do with it... in this reality," she then looks to the reader, "the audacity, can you believe this?"

"Hey! How come they get the break the fourth wall and I don't?!" Wade yells from beside Peter who sighs.

"Miss She-Hulk trusts Anna's habits, no one trusts you," he mutters.

"Uh, fourth what breaking?" You put a tray down next to the brunette as Bruce shifts over to make room for you.

"See all this? Fake. Fantasy. Prewritten-" Wade starts.

"By yours truly!" Anna pops up behind you, dodging the blow you nearly land to her face. "I'm the Watcher, Kang and more in one,"

"I'm confused, but I'll accept it," you look down to your food. "Any luck on your projects?"

"Nope," Stephen plays with the salad on his tray, his yellow gloves standing out.

"What's up with your dishwashing gloves? Germs?" you joke but earn no laugh from him. "Tough crowd... Anna?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah, we got nothing," she takes Stephen's hand comfortingly making you do a double take: not germs, just a bad topic. Noted.

"What about you?" Peter asks.

"Loki is being a dick, Stank was busy flirting to do anything for the past week and Natasha can do what she wants, I'm a little scared of her,"

"Saw her fight, did you?" Bruce stops arranging his peas to create equations on his plate.

"Yup," you cringe at the thought of the substitute teacher's broken arm. "Poor guy,"

"The teacher only fractured his arm, he'll be fine after a while," Stephen mutters.

"Alright, Doc McStuffins, good to know," clicking fingers at him, you think a little while longer about your part in the project and what you could- "hey, Tiny! When's the next get together?"

"Study or party?"

"Study, dumbass, I don't party,"

Oh, how you should not have told him that.

~~~

Currently so tired- it's only 1am and I feel exhausted from classes and just generally

- Anna ❤️