Chapter 27 - Frigga's patience

"Ah- ouch," you wince as Loki helped you out the car.

"Sorry," he grabs your bag along with his, locking the car behind while ascending the steps. "No, hold on, let me get it," he beat you to the door, grabbing the handle for you.

"I sprained one wrist, I'm not in a damn wheelchair," you furrow your eyes at him.

"Just get in,"

"Bossy bossy," you were going to step further into the home but Frigga had appeared out of nowhere to hug you tight.

"Mother! Careful," Loki places down the bags, trying to pry her away from you.

"I'm okay," you butt in quickly before Loki worried more

"What happened?" Frigga spots your wrist, "oh no, no, no," she inspected it as soon as she got near, letting a sun-like glow shower over. "Right, to the healing room,"

"What's going on?" a blonde girl walks in. She wore a small gown, simple but definitely not something you were used to seeing. "Oh, hello there,"

"We're fine, Fleora," Loki glares at the girl who nods quickly, walking the other way.

"Thor's fiancee?" You ask.

"I don't like her," Loki states easily.

"You would if you took time to know her," Frigga shares a similar look with you, "he had one horrible run in with her sister, now he dislikes the whole family,"

"That would do it," you shrug.

Loki let's his jaw part, "I'm right here, you know??"

"We know," you and Frigga unify.

~~~

"There," Frigga smiles at her work, "now, would you like to join us for dinner?"

"I don't know-"

"Mother, please," Loki stops her.

"What? I'm sure they'd love to stay over," the Queen was persistent, "and at least now you won't despise dinners so much,"

Loki knew what that meant. Ever since children, when extra company had 'intruded' the usual four-family dynamic, Loki would often despise whoever it was. Of course this never counted his sister. Hela was always there for him.

Frigga had decided ever since Thor became friends with the Warriors Three and Sif that Odin and her would leave for a night out, forcing the children to converse.

Next bit until the *** will be in Asgardian

"That's is utterly unfair!" Loki now spoke some odd language you could only take for Asgardian. "I will not let Y/n endure talking to that- that-"

"Watch how you speak of others Loki, must they see it only fit to speak as such about you," Frigga kept her calm, understanding his reaction.

"They've always spoken about me twice as harsh, do not act as if this is news!" Heaves of air entered his lungs, spewing out in angry breaths, "I am not a child, and I certainly will not be put through this idiotic 'parenting', especially with the first relationship I genuinely think will end well!- Despite knowing it must end!"

"Loki, please just see this as making your brother happy. He would love for his wife-to-be and his brother to tolerate one another, let alone be friends," Frigga never once raised her voice despite Loki's harsh tone. You couldn't praise her more despite not knowing what they had been saying.

"I will not have it. I am to take Y/n home at once, and that will mean my absence for tonight," he grabs the jacket he had slung down on the healing bed, "you may tell them to meet me at the door once I'm done," he seemed to gesture at you.

***

"Well... that was something," nearly wincing when the door slams shut, Frigga's hand on your shoulder soothed the awkward atmosphere.

"He says to have you meet him at the door, but I think it wise for you to follow him to his room- you do know the way right?"

"I have a horrible sense of direction, but an equally amazing one, I will manage," getting off the bed, you felt your heart warm at her kiss to your forehead, hands squeezing yours.

"You are going to be a saviour for this boy, Y/n, I age by the day and though my patience doesn't run thin, the days I have left do,"

"What do you mean? You don't look a day over 1,500," the motherly pinch to your cheek was words enough, letting you venture through the maze of a house.

~~~

Three knocks alerted Loki, the god ignoring it, continuing to change, "leave me alone, mother!" (that last part was in Asgardian)

"Don't know what you said, but I'm not Frigga if you're wondering," opening the door, your body faces away instantly when you see him shirtless, "whoops,"

Loki clicks his tongue, a smile finally forming, "what are you doing here?"

"Well, your mother said you wanted me to wait downstairs but she said maybe I should follow you- not that I wouldn't have anyways... I didn't know you had an indoor pool,"

Loki walks up behind you, closing the door. "And I would love to show you other wonderful things about this house, but I'm really not keen to stay,"

"Listen to me when I say your mother just wants everyone to get along, you can't hold this against her," feeling his hand creep along your sides to a tight hug from behind, "Loki..."

"Darling, please," he sighs, face nuzzling into your neck, "I see no ounce of joy, nor a good outcome from this," the way his chest felt against your back sent a flurry of butterflies into your chest.

"Are you going to put a shirt on or continue to fluster me?"

"So you admit you're flustered?" a small kiss places itself on your neck, "let's see how flustered I can make you~"

Tilting your neck to one side, a smile starts to tug at your lips as his move along your skin, "Loki..."

"Yes, my sweet?" Each finger danced, pulling at the hem of your shirt until skin to skin contact was made. "Come on..." he pulls you back, step by step, hitting the edge of the bed. Gently he settles you down, one knee on the mattress as you lay back with a laugh.

Loki intertwined his fingers with yours, pinning them down. "We are going to have dinner, not only because I'm hungry but because it will make your mother happy." All he does is ignore your words. "Loki." He sighs out, head against yours listening to you quietly whisper a "please?"

A soft kiss laid on him seemed to sway the god just a little, though a whine wasn't held back, "fine. Though if I want to leave-"

"You will have to give me convincing evidence as to why," sharing one just a little longer, soon there was a subtle knock.

"Forgive me, Prince Loki, your mother had called both you and your partner down to the main foyer," Fleora's voice was gentle and hesitant.

"Go away," Loki replies, a small disapproving glance from you making him rethink his words, "we'll be down soon..."

"Good boy," just from your hands on his cheeks, you could only look smug, "who's flustered now?"

~~~

Not a meme but just my best username and status so far 🕺

I also had one where it said "Stephen's doormat" with the status "Busy making Matt my male-wife"

- Anna ❤️