Chapter 29 - Please try again later...

Once Thor got home, Loki paid no mind to your lack of call. It had been half an hour since Thor had left you be after all. Besides, you were independent and capable of taking care of yourself.

Though, something felt off.

Once Frigga and Odin returned, it was to bed for all three teens. Rolling from one side of his bed to the other, he sees the green bunny slanted to the side next to him. Looking into its beady eyes, eventually Loki found no success in falling asleep.

"Brother," the god knocks rapidly on Thor's door, hushing and a few rummages making him roll his eyes.

"Loki!" Thor obviously had company... Fleora could be seen hiding under the covers of his bed. "Were we too... loud?"

"No, and keep it that way," he folds his arms with a tip of his heels, "did Y/n get back safe?"

"I drove them, Loki," Thor leans on the doorframe, "why?"

"They haven't called and I'm growing worried,"

"Brother, do consider the fact they may have just been tired," he raises a brow to Loki. "Call them if you're so worried, but I'm sure they are in bed and fast asleep... possibly dreaming of you," Thor seems to bring a smile to Loki's features.

"Of course... thank you,"

~~~

The number you have reached is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

By the 5th call, Loki wasn't having any of it. He threw on a sweatshirt and shoes, slamming his door shut which alerted Thor. Not only this but when he rushed down the stairs, he passed Frigga returning from retrieving a glass of water.

"Loki? Where are you off to?"

"Y/n's," he answers swiftly.

"Y/n's? Are they in trouble?" asks Frigga.

"They haven't called and I feel as though something is wrong," while Odin and Thor may have seen it as overthinking, Frigga knew intuition well. Maybe it was incorrect, but being wrong is better than not checking whatsoever.

"Let's go at once."

~~~

The car was hardly parked neatly on the side of the road, Loki almost forgetting his mother was there. The god glances to your window, seeing not one light on, but your bedroom blinds were drawn. Maybe he was wrong.

"Is everything okay?" Frigga wraps her shawl around her a little tighter, uneasy from the streets malicious atmosphere. "This is where they live?"

"They can only afford this..." Loki whispers, never dropping his stare from your bedroom window. "Maybe I was wrong, they're probably just asleep,"

"At least you checked," she pats his back.

Through all this, murmurs of voices was all you could hear. Short waves of consciousness moving within you gave hardly enough strength to speak, let alone shout. However, a slanted bin, metal cover close to toppling over spoke a rescue siren.

Nudging it with your side, you prayed to whoever was out there that these voices would hear the ruckus and choose to investigate further into the alley.

Loki and Frigga both turn to the trash can lid. "Hello...?"

"Rats? Cat?"

"Not a clue..." Loki stared at the lid, then the car. Something told him it was nothing.

Though, there was a small itch saying just to check it. Glance behind that dumpster.

"Give me a moment," he whispers, then advising his mother to wait in the car. A green wisp lingered along his palm, with every step it grew until he pointed it around the dumpster.

Next few seconds felt like the whole world had stopped. His whole world stopped. Seeing you against bags of trash, blood seeping into your clothes- into his jumper which you tightened along your waist.

One hand to his agape mouth, tears falling instantly, Frigga shutting the car door snapped him back to reality. Loki scrambles to his knees, pulling you to him, "Y/n?? Y/n, darling, please say something," his voice shook with fear.

"Oh my Norns," Frigga steps back, running to grab her phone. "Hello? Yes, I need an ambulance at once- the address is-"

"Y/n, no, no," Loki sobs, putting pressure to stop the bleeding while holding your face, lips blue and skin feeling clammy.

"Insurance?? What does- Just get here right now!" It seemed this weared Frigga's patience thin. "Idiots," she runs back to Loki and you, muting herself on the call. "Loki, breathe now, we need to think clearly,"

"They're dying, mother! How do you-" he took a deep breath, closing his glossed eyes, letting the sharp stench of iron and rotting food hit him. "Let's get them out of here,"

"Good job," Frigga centered enough energy to try and heal your wound, or rather stop the blood loss. Sealing it would mean the bullet stays imbedded.

Loki used his magic to carry you out, it was a gentler feeling than if he were to do it with his bare hands. "Y/n, can you hear me?" he tries to grab your attention, doing so only when your eyes start to open a little.

Your vision was blurred, breathing heavier than before, "Loki?"

"Yes, hi," he made sure to keep your focus on him. "Keep talking to me, Y/n,"

"It hurts," you struggle to find his hand, let along enough strength to hold it.

"I know, I know," he nods, pushing his forehead against yours, "it will be better soon, love, I promise," Loki's fingers linked with yours, kissing your knuckles. "Keep talking to me, okay? I want to see those gorgeous eyes open,"

All you could do is shake your head from the pain, dry tears resurfacing. "I can't- it hurts-"

"You can, Y/n, I know you can," holding it together was his strong point, but seeing you like this broke him down to the last barrier. "Please, I need you right now," his tone of desperation was evident to not only Frigga but you.

"I'm so sorry,"

Loki couldn't believe what you just said. "No, no, this isn't your fault, love,"

"It is... I'm so sorry, I should have stayed with you- this wouldn't have-"

"It isn't your fault, Y/n." That tone was final but you couldn't help but shake your head, "no one is to blame except the bastard who did this," how contradictory were his words.

He said no one else was to blame... but the lump in his throat gave way for a shadow to feed off his fear. Fear that this all was really just his fault. His fault for not keeping you safe.

~~~

Got Uni tmrw and really not looking forward to it because IM SO TIRED

- Anna ❤️