Chapter 5 - Tip

"Get this to table 6," you nudge James, another waiter, "try not to flirt,"

"Come on, how can you blame me?" With a smile, he rushes away.

Tapping the illuminated screen a few times, the next few orders from other tables were sent to the kitchen. Constant looks were given to your tables to make sure there wasn't anything needed, no hands raised... no fingers snapping for your attention.

"Excuse me," Loki wiped his lips and stood, walking towards the bathroom which was by where you stood—right around the corner. He caught sight of you, wracking his eyes over your figure with disgust, scoffing when he passes.

You mimic his scoff and add on "to you too,"

"You can't act all high and mighty when this is where you work," he turns his head back.

"Yeah, but I can still whoop your ass if I wanted to, Liquorice,"

"Call me that again and see what happens," Loki warns, his hands sparking green subtly.

"Is that a challenge, Liquorice?" You grin, smugly glaring back at him when he shoved you against the wall and held your collar. "Oh, rough, I like that,"

"You intolerable, insolent, pathetic creature," with these words his grip tightens, creasing the fabric of your shirt.

"Oh, pet names, isn't that cute," you took a hold of his tie and let your glowing fist raise. Before anything could be executed, a small gasp of shock followed by a laugh.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt," Frigga places a hand on her heart. "No, no, carry on, a little aggression is good for a relationship,"

"Mother!" Loki let go of you. "That's not what it was!"

"I assure you," you insist. "I really wouldn't settle so low, no offense,"

"Full offense," he scowls.

"None taken," Frigga smiles as Loki deadpans. "Oh, well, just hurry up, we will leave soon,"

"I'll get your bill," you turn to the screen as Frigga wiggles both brows at her son to which he shakes his head furiously.

~~~

"I hope everything was good?" You take the bill just as they were about to leave.

"More than, thank you so much," the queen assures.

"I'm glad," you open the receipt book and do a double take. "Uhm, sorry, your majesties," you say with both confusion on how to refer to them and the problem at hand. "I think you put the wrong bills, these are $100 bills, not $10 bills,"

"We know," Frigga pushes Odin and the boys out the door. "Have a wonderful evening!"

Your gobsmacked look and internal scream left no room for you to hear Thor's little farewell and hopes to see you in school the next day.

~~~

"I'm walking to school," you says simply to Phil who was waiting just like yesterday.

"Come on, Y/n, don't make my life difficult," he sighs. "Wait, what if we stop to grab you breakfast? Donuts? Coffee? Tea? Pancakes?"

"Fine, but doesn't mean I like this whole arrangement,"

~~~

"Really? They work there?" Sam looks to Thor who nods.

"Not a bad gig," Bucky shrugs, collecting his things from his locker.

"What's going on?" Nat rocks up with Tony, Clint, Rhodey and Pietro.

"The new kid works at Bjorn's," Steve mumbles, impressed at your ability to get such a good job at this age.

"How the hell are they affording to go here?" Tony gave a perplexed look.

"SHIELD could be a secret sponsor," Steve glares at Tony. "Don't belittle them because money wasn't served to them on a silver platter,"

"Plus, SHIELD only gives scholarships, and the ones who have it are announced the year before," Nat comments. "Like most of us,"

"Maybe they're a criminal in disguise!" Pietro gasps only for Wanda to smack him over the head.

"Don't be stupid,"

"Be quiet, there they are," Thor nudges, looking to you with a smile. "Hello, Y/n,"

"Blondie," you give a small nod to him before stopping at your locker at the end of the row. In your peripheral, you saw Thor walking up to you. "Listen, before you start, I just want to say thank you for the tip, it really helped, but I really don't need friends,"

"Why not? Everyone needs friends, Y/n," he leans on the lockers.

"It's my last year, Thor, I'll be fine... thanks though," a gentle smile was given to him, before you closed your locker, walking to your first class.

"That's the first genuine smile I've seen, good job, pop-tarts," Tony walks away with his group.

~~~

With weeks torn away from the calendar hung upon your fridge, shifts passed by with good tips and little to no rude customers. Classes were tolerable and you got through your work fast. Thor was the only one you genuinely said hi to, sometimes even Peter who was trying his best to make sure you were welcome in school.

"Alright, class," your Chemistry teacher, Dr Pym, looked at everyone with a certain pointed glare. "As you know, the science fair is coming up, and as your last year of school you need to really outshine the younger years,"

"Baking soda volcano," you murmur in amusement, the boy beside you, Bruce you think, laughs along. He was a quiet one, a little jumpy but always answered the questions when he could, correct down to the last element.

In fact he was the only one in this class you could stand... the least tolerable being Loki at the very back.

"This year we are allowing classes to merge-" cheers ring out in the class. "But we will still assign groups!" There was the long groans and annoyed grumbles. "Grab your things, we are going to the school gym to form groups,"

"This could not get any worse," stuffing your books in your bag, Bruce did the same with a tilted frown.

"It can," he sighs, walking with you to the gym. "Uhm, I'm Bruce... It's fine if you don't want to talk, everyone kinda knows you don't want friends,"

"Because they'll treat me like a pet," you hold your hand out. "Y/n,"

He shook it with surprise. "Nice to meet you,"

"Hopefully we'll be in the same group,"

"Hopefully," he sighs out with a scratch to the nape of his neck.

~~~

Love earning money 😩

Makes a 6 hour shift in heels sooooo worth it 🕺

- Anna ❤️