Chapter 26 - Awkward

Did you want me to pick you up?
And, pronouns for today?

Last night was the only time I would ever ride that horrendous contraption!
Also, He/him :)

You had texted Loki early in the morning, up and ready to pick him up if he needed.

Fine, guess you didn't want Starbucks :)

Oh, we can still go, we're just not using your "bike"
Come outside x

Suspicion started to creep up but you held ground to do as told. Slipping out your window to the front of the alley, you see Loki's car waiting. "Seriously?"

"I did say we weren't going to use it," he was leaning against the hood.

"That bike is my baby," you gawk.

"Yes, yes," Loki unlocks the door and moves to the driver side. "Got everything? We are not going back,"

"I'm not a child," fastening yourself in, the car soon drove off.

"But you are forgetful,"

~~~

"You see? We can actually drink in a car," he sips at his tea, parking expertly which seemed to annoy you. "Sorry I'm a better driver,"

"You're better at parking, I'm better at driving,"

"Jealousy doesn't suit you," he shuts down the engine, glowering at the sight of others, "gods I really don't want to go,"

"We are not skipping," you were seconds from leaving but decidedly leaned in to give the god a kiss on the cheek, "for encouragement... come on, grumpy,"

His eyes widen, face turning red, "just one kiss?"

"Who's the needy one now?" You shuffle closer as another kiss was shared. Lip to lip, it was nothing too heated but much more than a small peck.

"Come on, love birds! Class is about to start!" Thor knocks on the window of your side, running away like a giggling school girl when Loki's eyes glow green at him.

"I'll stab him," you sigh.

Loki was usually the one to say that but hearing you say it made his heart flutter, "gods could you be anymore perfect?"

~~~

The days went on like this. Weeks soon marked off the calendar with winter right around the corner. Hectic were the first two months here, and the following onwards after establishing somewhat of a friend group would be as well. Whether it was due to Loki's chaotic approach to romance or the groups insistence on pushing you outside of your boundaries.

Now with the project due the first week back, fitness was the last thing on your mind.

"Practical assessment, I hope you've all been paying attention to techniques in class," Coach Frank Castle orders everyone into lines.

You stood ready of course, adjusting your grip with some chalk powder while student by student, they had taken turns on the two obstacle courses provided.

It was full military style, though Coach Castle obviously saw no difficulty due to his time of service.

"Mr Friggason," Coach walked up to Loki, or rather under. You see, the god had a tendency to watch from above, hidden away in the shadows of gym class. Whether to play pranks or escape the putrid sweat, though still being there, who knew?

"Coach," he flips another page, looking down just for a second.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Enjoying gym, sir," well, at least Loki was never impolite- or that impolite.