Chapter 24 - Mission (almost) success

"When I said bring someone I meant bring ONE PERSON!" Anna whisper yells, looking from Peter to Wanda and the entire rest of the friend group.

"Okay, well, I brought Wanda, she brought Vision and he brought-" Peter was cut off by Anna holding her hand up.

"I don't want to hear it..." she clears her throat, adjusting the hoodie sleeves which fell off her hands. "You listen to me, and you listen well," she orders, "here's the plan,"

The group listened intently at every order, soon walking off in pairs, knowing exactly what their mission was. Strange watches them all walk away to different parts of the boardwalk and even in the arcade, "you just wanted to set them all up, didn't you?" he asks, arms folded.

"You know me too well," she then brightens at the milkshake he holds out to her, "you're the best,"

"Yeah I know," he cheers her cup with his, watching you and Loki laughing endlessly.

~~~

"Okay, it's just like driving, but a game," you pick (mario kart character of choice), "I always go as (character),"

"Would it matter?" Loki turns the wheel.

"You want to look cool or win?"

"I'll do both either way," she lands on one character, agreeing to choose it. (Loki definitely would main as Yoshi)

"We'll see about that," getting into gear, soon the race begun and you sped past her. "Aw, say bye bye to first place,"

"Hey!" she sits up, pressing on the pedal but hits the side rails. "What was that?!"

"Turtle shell," you snicker, driving over a patch of rainbows to speed yourself up. "Avoid anything but those question mark boxes,"

"You're cheating!"

"Nope," you had taken a different turn, racing past, "try going on those rainbow arrows, they help,"

Within seconds, she was close to 4th place, but with you in 1st, last lap nearing, she would never win- "Ha!" She passes up to 2nd just as the last lap came to place. Luck never strayed, though, as you got a fake item box. "Oh, this must be special-"

Loki hit it just as you expected, the princess going down to 5th right as you pass the finish line. Her lips part in shock, turning to you in full betrayal. "Thought you liked tricks?" you ask in a taunting confusion.

"I thought you liked tricks," she mocks back.

~~~

"This is better," Loki held up the fake pistol, the game loading in front of you both.

"You have guns on Asgard?"

"Similar, but the bullets are short blasts of energy." While you won at Mario Kart, she had the most perfect aim, hitting every target without fail. You almost lost simply for getting distracted, admiring another perfect trait about her. "You're staring... and losing,"

"Maybe I know I've met my match," you shrug, her narrow stare digging into your smug one.

"Stop sweet talking me,"

"Why? Is it making you blush?"

"I'll stab you," this banter sent a flurry of butterflies within her while your fingers itch to just take hers. "Is this all?"

"Still not impressed?"

"I'm not bored," Loki kept by your side, moving closer as other teens rush by.

"Hm... alright then," you put a hand on the small of her back, leading the goddess to a row of claw machines, "welcome to the most rigged games in this entire building,"