Chapter 23 - Arcade

Loki was pacing the bathroom, each tile mocking her thoughts. Until, of course, Anna and Wanda stumble in with bright laughs.

"Who knew a toaster oven could be so sweet- maybe there's a poptart someone forgot in his system," she nudges the witch, laughing a little more before stopping at the sight of Loki.

"Oh, there you are! Ready for your date?"

"Date? Who in the nines told you??"

"I can sniff shit out like a bloodhound," Anna says bluntly with a small pause after to turning to the readers, "and also know everything,"

"Have no clue what that was but-" Loki swallows her pride, "have you ever been on a date?"

"Oh yeah, plenty," Anna and Wanda both assure her.

"Vis and I are planning to go on one tomorrow," Wanda stifles her excitement.

"And I'm too hot to not ask out," Anna adds cockily.

"Right..." Loki glances between the two, "what do you do?"

"Well I usually just get some food and then do some fun activity," the witch says simply.

"Yeah, doesn't matter what it is as long as you both enjoy it." Yet the goddess was unsure, both could tell. "Get to know each other more, see if you really do like them,"

"For example, Kurt and I got along okay until our date- but I did set him up with Amanda, you know, Amanda Sefton," she adjusts the sleeves of her red hoodie, "and here they are 7 months in,"

"Yeah, I mean Matt and I didn't work out, even if we did date for a while. Relationships aren't set in stone the forever," Anna hands over a slip of paper with her number, "he's dating Elektra now, and they're working out fine. So don't worry! But if something does go wrong just call me,"

"I'm still friends with Kurt, and Anna's still friends with Matt, one bad date won't ruin the friendship you got with Y/n, so go get em," both teens push the goddess right out the door, slamming it behind and leaning to prevent her from entering again.

Loki turns back, slamming her fist against the door. "I swear I'll stab you if you don't-!"

"Threatening the bathroom? Seems like everything and everyone is pissing you off,"

Loki spins around to see you standing there, jacket slung over one shoulder, "don't make me add you to the list,"

"And just as I was going to take you out," leaning closer mockingly, she simply huffs back, turning away, "come on, m'lady," you bow a little, arm held out.

"I'm a princess, not a damsel," she walks off dismissively, your eyes trailing after with a tugging grin.

~~~

"Absolutely not," she eyes the helmet like it was a rotten head of cabbage. "We are either walking or I'm calling an Uber,"

"Or you stop being a brat and get on," clipping the buckle in place, the engine turns over with you seated on comfortably.

"I'm..." Loki was reluctant but she eventually tells you, "I'm not exactly fond of this type of vehicle,"

"You're scared?"

She could feel your amusement behind tinted glass, "shut up."

"Loki, I won't let you get hurt, I promise," patting the smooth leather, you could tell she was still reluctant, "I keep my promises," hand out, she takes it wearily, not letting it show on her features.

"Please go slow," she clings onto you from behind the moment she was settled.

"Thought you'd like it fast," you shut the glass just as she nudges you right in the gut, no reply but a loud laugh from you caused a further scowl. However that turns to fear soon after, her grip tightening on your clothes as you drive out the parking lot.

"Y/n- Y/N, SLOW DOWN!" but it was obvious you couldn't hear- or just chose not to listen.

~~~

"Doc," Anna bolts upright on her bed. "Let's go out,"

Stephen chokes on his tea, the cloak wiping his mouth, "uh, what?"

She jumps down onto the bean bag he sat on, grabbing the cup and book in his hand to put aside, "let's go out to the arcade,"

"Arcade?" He adjusts his hair quickly as well as his collar, "uhm... just us two?"

"Nah, I texted Peter, he and Wanda are heading over now," Anna rushes to her closet, pulling out a clothing item, "operation arcade date watch is in motion!"

He gives a curt nod after letting out a sigh of disappointment, "when are we leaving?"

"Right now," she throws on one of his hoodies, "onwards!" With his hand in hers, she drags him through a portal he quickly conjured.

~~~

"See? Safe and sound," right by the arcade, you park the bike, helping Loki off.

"I-" she was going to say hate but she couldn't exactly lie to you, "didn't mind that as much... still not a fan," she hands over the helmet, glancing around the sun set scene.

Neon overhead from a building lit up just by the ocean front, from pink to blue, glass doors kept open as children as well as adults rush in and out. Clouds roll above the horizon as salty spritz hit wooden planks of the boardwalk, nothing but seafood restaurants and greased foods filling stomachs.

"Food or games?"

She looks to you then the arcade, the flashing lights drawing her in like a moth, "how about some games?"

"Alrighty, get ready to lose, Laufeydottir," opening your wallet, a decent amount of cash was exchanged for tokens.

~~~

Watching Mr

Watching Mr. Nightmare is such a vibe

- Anna ❤️