Kokai Town

Lani and Zeke suddenly appear inside a small room with a glass door leading to the outside. They step outside and are greeted with upbeat music coming from some unseen source. A shop run by a purple Kecleon sits next to a bank run by a Persian. A café owned by a Kangaskhan is located across from the shop, with a storage complex next to the café and across from the bank. Beyond the square is a bridge crossing a river, and a path leading into the woods.

"Welcome to Kokai Town!" Zeke tells Lani as she takes in the surroundings. "The best place for an Adventurer to do their business. That over there is the Kecleon Shop, run by Leon. His brother's been travelling the world, so he moved here from Pokémon Square on the Air Continent to have his own store in a new place. There you can buy many useful things, from orbs to apples. Then there's Felicity Bank, run by Felicity the Persian. Many banks, including Duskull Bank and the original Felicity Bank, closed due to the rising popularity of Deposit Boxes. But here we try to avoid Deposit Boxes, so here she was able to reopen with frequent business. Across the way is Café Connection and the Kangaskhan Storage, which, like the majority of banks, had gone out of business when Deposit Boxes started appearing everywhere."

"And beyond that?" Lani asks, "What's in the woods that needs a path?"

"Well," Zeke says as the two cross the bridge and follow said path, "This path takes you to the Guild of Worlds, where Adventurers do everything except for go on Adventures and do things in the square."

"Huh. How does one become an Adventurer?" Lani asks.

"Well, that's what I'm going up here to find out. I think you just need to talk to the Guildmistress and ask." Zeke says as the two arrive at a large building in the middle of the woods. They walk in and pass by many Pokémon who must be Adventurers. A Buizel walks up to them.

"Good morning! I'm Aoke the Bui!" She says. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Uh, yeah. I wanted to  become an Adventurer." Zeke responds, "And she doesn't know anything about life, so she just came here with me."

"Doesn't... know anything?" Aeko asks.

"Oh, um... yeah... heh..." Lani prepares to explain. "So... uh... I'm not supposed to be here. In this world. I'm... er... ooh, how do I put this? I'm... Whatever, I'll get to the point. I'm a human and I don't have much memory of anything besides who I am and that I'm not a Pokémon."

"Sweet Arceus, not again. I guess you're the one who's supposed to save the world? Come. Follow. I'm taking you two to Guildmistress." Aeko groans as they walk down a corridor and up a flight of stairs. They eventually reach a room where they find a Leafeon with indigo leaves playing video games.

"Guildmistress?" Aeko asks. "Guildmistress!"

"Aah! I was just doing more of this dang paperwork! Ooh, darn you, papers. Grrr... Alright, what's up Aeko?"

"Well, we've got this kiddo who wants to join the guild as an Adventurer. Doesn't appear to have a team, though." Aeko explains. "And then this Poochyena girl here, she's another amnesiac human walking amongst us."

"Oh? What's your name, 'Amnesiac Human'?" The Guildmistress asks Lani.

"My name's Lani Nishida."

"Lani Nishida. Hmph. Alright. And you, Zorua boy! What's your name?"

"Huh? Oh, Zeke Zora!"

"So you're the famous Double Z my brother tells me about. Nice to meet you. If you go back downstairs, room 5 is vacant. You can have it. I'll send someone down there to show you around in a bit. For now though..." The Guildmistress looks at Lani, "I need to talk to you. Alone."

Aeko and Zeke leave the room. The Guildmistress stares at Lani for an entire minute.

"You wanted to talk to me?" Lani finally asks, breaking the silence.

"Yes! So, uh... Nice to meet you, Lani. I'd like to tell you a bit about our world. So, we're all Pokémon, obviously. And you're a human. Every time there's a crisis in this world that we Pokémon cannot handle on our own, a human appears. And an annoying thing that oftentimes occurs is the erasure of the memories of humans. They get them back, but normally only after a quest to find their memories. Uh... So you're probably here to help us with the soul sphere that's eating the sun. And if you're not, then I guess you're just here permanently then. Eh. Any questions?"

"Yes, many, but I'll ask one right now. Can I stay here? Adventurers sound cool and I kinda want to be one."

"Really? Okay, sure thing! I'll ring up someone to show you to a room and around the guild. Let's see... who's available..? Ah, here we go!" The Guildmistress puts on a communication earpiece and speaks into it. "Hey. Can Damien the Charmander report to the Guildmistress's office? Cool, thanks. See you soon."