An Adventure of Aura and Soul

"Xat. Please excuse me. I must be going now." Ario says. Xat turns and nods. "Go get him, kid."

Ario runs off to the town's outskirts, where the old Red Rescue base lay in decay. He slips in and harnesses the power of the Rainbow. The many colours swirl around him as his aura flares to life.

The Rainbow molds itself into one of Ario's signature Infinity Spiral Aura Spheres, which he launches into the ground in front of the back window, where a long unused hay bed lies. The air around Ario cracks like broken glass, and a golden glow shines out of the shattered reality.

Ario examines the cracks in the air and grins. He throws another ISAS.

A blinding rainbow light bursts out of the base, catching the attention of the townsfolk. It turns into a golden light before dissipating.

Ario wakes up in an unfamiliar place, one he's only read about in the Decrepit Lab Sub-Level Libraries. He's sitting seiza-style in an endless puddle, with a light fog in every direction. He stands and begins walking in the direction the universe has decided to be "forwards".

A whole bunch of nothingness later, Ario collapses. Tired and in a foreign realm, he lacks the ability to just keep on going. He sits back down.

A creature that, like this place, he'd only read about, approaches and sits down beside him. A human.

This human had light brown hair, with an orange streak on their right. Their left eye, half orange, half grey, with an enormous splotch of scar tissue. The tips of their hair strands turning into a sort of mint green. They wear a white collared semi-button short sleeve shirt, and some black arm sleeves for warmth. Black pants with dark green diamonds on them. Red geta. A green bandanna that seems to have survived a fire. A symbol embroidered on the shirt's collar, representing a shield, split vertically by the colours black and white, and a light blue P  with the same colour as a zigzag horizontally. A greatsword on their back.

"Greetings." They say to Ario. "What brings a live soul to the Aura Sea?"

"Ah. Well, I've come for a friend of mine. Their time wasn't that of their departure. They have more to live for."

"My buddy Lucas used to say that to himself all the time." The human, who should be around twenty-one according to the books, said. "I told him to let go, that I was dead and he shouldn't do anything about it."

"Well, I can do something about it, and that something will be done for Adelno."

"Adelno? Adelno Realmseeker? The 'mon with that soul weapon?" The human asks.

"Yeah. You know him?"

"I've met every version of him.  He should be consulting the council by now. Here, I can take you." The man stands, and Ario follows suit.

"So, who are you, might I ask?" Ario wonders as he walks through the vast nothingness with this man.

"Ah. Yes. My name is Angeo." Angeo says. "Of the era before Delta."

"Before... Delta?" Ario repeats with confusion.

"You know the Mystery Continent, no?" Angeo asks. "Well, there you'll find a boy partially named after me. If you manage to complete your mission successfully, go to him. He'll tell you everything about it. Anyways, eheh, ah, who are you?"

"My name is Ario Ishihara."

"Ishihara..." Angeo stares off into the void silently for a moment. "...Nice to see you here again."

"Excuse me?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing, nothing. Just feel like I've met you before... Whatever, moving on! Eheheh... You say it wasn't Adelno's time?"