Recovery Mission Beyond the Sea (of Time)! - 2

"He went to the Spacial Cliffs." Sequoia Grove sighs as he reluctantly provides the information.

"Oh, that's not too bad!" Chiki says.

Cloak Riolu groans. "I think I'm going to go home now."

"What?! Why?"

"I just don't want to go back there." He starts walking off.

"Wait!" Lani shouts, stopping him. "At least tell us your name?"

"Zeke knows it. Just ask him when you rescue him. But if he's at the cliff's end, he's good as dead." He disappears in a puff of smoke.

"Well, that guy sure was an oddball." Chiki says.

Teno guides Lani and Chiki to the Spacial Cliffs. "A'ight, Lani. Your boyfriend's somewhere along these cliffs."

"Boyfriend?!" Lani shouts as she blushes. "No no no no no we're just friends we're just two Pokemon on the same team and happen to hang out a lot together after missions and in our free time and and and and and and..!"

"Just go get him already."

Lani nods and runs off.

"We're not going with her?" Chiki asks Teno.

"Nah. She'll be fine."

- Four Years Ago... -

A 13 year old rainbow bubbled Froakie and a 13 year old golden eyed Riolu stoond at the edge of the Spacial Cliffs when a Garchomp burst out of the ground behind them. They slowly turned around, then the Froakie pulled out an Escape Orb, but the Garchomp knocked it out of his hand.

The two kids ran towards the orb, but Froakie tripped. Riolu grabbed the orb, but ran in front of Froakie to block the Garchomp's attack. He also activated and threw the orb at the Garchomp.

As the Garchomp was sent out of the dungeon and far from Froakie, the Riolu flew off the cliff. Froakie ran and caught him, but could barely hold on.

"Let go, Adelno!" The Riolu shouted.

"Ario!!!" Young Adelno shouted back. "I'm not letting you fall!"

"Please!" Ario responded. "I don't want you to fall too!"

Tears ran down Adelno's face. "I can't leave you!"

"Think of your sister! Natsuki would be heartbroken if we both died now!"

"I can't! I'm thinking of my brother!"

"Fine." Ario began climbing up Adelno's arm. "I'll come up." Ario got right up to Adelno's face, and reached his hand into Adelno's satchel.

"Thank you for everything." He whispered as he pulled a Blast Seed out of Adelno's bag. He held it up in Adelno's face and crushed it. The explosion launched Adelno back into safety, and Ario off the edge to his apparent, inevitable demise.

"Ariooooooooo!!!" Adelno shouted as he ran back to the cliffside. "Noooooooo!"

Ario pulled out one last thing: A Warp Seed. He threw it up at Adelno and warped him back to Natsuki. Adelno collapsed into tears beside Natsuki, who was outside of the dungeon, injured.

- Present Day -

Lani arrives behind the Mega Garchomp, who's cornered Zeke at the edge of the cliff. "Extreme Speed!" She zooms to between Zeke and the Garchomp, then runs into the Garchomp, sending it flying into a stone wall. Zeke stands up and his eyes glow red. Zeke looks at Lani. Lani looks at Zeke. They nod, and attack.

"Ice Plate: Judgement!" Lani shouts as a frozen stone plate appears to do a singular orbit around her before disappearing once again.

"Copied Technique!" Zeke announces. "Ice Plate: Judgement!" The plate next does a half orbit around him.

Two enormous beams of Ice-type Infinity Energy drop from the sky and smash into the Garchomp, knocking it out. The two high five and head out of the dungeon.

They travel back through the Hidden Land to the Groves' cabin and say goodbye to the two. Next, the four run back to Lapras, who appears to just be arriving. "You guys ready to go home?" She asks.

"Yes, we are!"

"Perfect! Now, hop on and we'll cross the Sea of Time once more.

They get on her back. Teno, then Chiki, then Zeke, then Lani. Lapras proceeds to turn around and enter the turquoise tunnel again.

"You know..." Teno says to Chiki as they cross. "Seeing Sequoia and Celene again reminded me of our past adventures through time and space. And it made me wonder... What ever happened to Darkrai?"

"Oh, I'm sure he's somewhere out there... maybe a humble farmer?" Chiki proposes a possibility.

"Maybe..."

Out of the light ball they emerge. Across the normal sea they travel, 'til land is reached. They get off, and Lapras swims off into the sunset.

With Zeke back home safely, the Adventurers of the Universe return to their room in the guild and discuss the accuracy of their team name, as well as what they may do next. They plan to go back and play music at the Worldpool again tonight.

At the beach, Teno and Chiki sit, talking about the lives they've led and where they want to go from there. Chiki brings Teno to a beach hut, with furniture she made herself. They go back to the guild and move out to live there, in the house they'd wanted to be in for many years.

But somewhere out there, in some world, darkness stirs. And someone out there is under the influence of the Star of Lost Souls that's trying to consume the sun up above. A roar reverberated throughout the dark world, and two eyes glow crimson as their owner floats through its domain.