Washed Up and Watching Out! Ghost Island

"Where... are we?" Lani groans as she stand up on a black sand of the beach. Zeke was near her. The wreckage of their ship was scattered across the beach. They seemed to be the only survivors. "Zeke! Zeke, wake up!"

Zeke opened his eyes. "What... happened last night?" He asked.

"Your brother! Remember? He attacked the boat and destroyed it!"

"Right. Daikama. And where are we?"

"Uh..." Lani looks around. "I'm not sure. But... move!" She pushes Zeke out of the way as a plank from their boat levitates and flies at them. It hits her instead of him and drops out of the air. Zeke runs over and lifts it off of her. She gets back up. They run into the nearby forest as the rest of their ship comes to life and chases them. But the planks don't follow them in. They just drop back onto the sand.

The way back to the beach was covered by brush, and the leaves thickened, making straight paths and large open areas. "A mystery dungeon." Zeke realizes. "It's a mystery dungeon." They walk through many floors, not encountering a single wild Pokemon.

"Where is everybody?" Lani asks as they proceed to the twenty-second floor. A bunch of ghost Pokemon rise up from the ground. Gengar, Banette, Sableye, Dusclops, and Mismagius. Not to mention a Chandelure that drops in from above.

"Looks like you spoke too soon." Zeke says as he and Lani get back-to-back in preparation to fight.

"Looks like it." Lani agrees.

Zeke locks on his Tekunikkukopī on the opponent right in front of him: the Mismagius. She sends a will-o'-the-wisp at him, and he returns it. Shadow Ball for a Shadow Ball, and his overpowers theirs. One opponent down.

Lani uses Disarming Voice, hurting everyone a bit, but especially the Sableye, a half dark type. It goes down. Four left.

Zeke pulls out a Luminous Orb from the forest's floor and raises it up in the air. While the ghosts are blinded, he used Shadow Claw on the Chandelure above. Half down, half to go.

Lani jumps at the Gengar, but it swaps spots with the Banette. She slows down, knowing it may have Grudge. Carefully, she uses Crunch. Indeed, it did have Grudge. With no turning back, Lani finishes off the Banette and loses all her Power Points of Crunch.

Zeke slashes the Dusclops repeatedly. It takes a while, but eventually he finds an Eviolite on it and Knocks Off the enhancing item. He finishes off the Pokemon and holds the Eviolite for himself.

Lani and Zeke meet up at the center of the clearing. One left. "It's just you!" Lani shouts at the Gengar. "Give up already!"

The Gengar, with no intention of giving in and retreating, Mega Evolved. It Shadow Snuck behind them and hit them both. A black stone plate materializes, orbits around Lani, and disappeares again. Then, shadows from above and below strike the Gengar, lowering its hit points drastically. Zeke runs at it and hits it with a will-o'-the-wisp technique.

They leave the mystery dungeon as the last enemy faints due to a burn.

On the other side of the island was a bunch of wrecked dinghies. Zeke spots one among the rest that is intact. He and Lani climb into it and head off to the mainland.

Lani steers the boat northwest as Zeke navigates her with his map. That's their best shot at getting to the mainland Air Continent, where they were headed. "Baram Town, here we come!" Zeke shouts off to the endless expanse of ocean.