The Harnia Burglaries - 2

The next morning, the party went back into the town to find other possible locations that the Quiet Loudred might strike. They talked to everyone in the square, and talked about last night over breakfast in Cafe Connection.

"You know, I tried using Hyper Voice." Lani said. "But I guess I haven't trained enough, because there was only a quiet squeaking from it."

"Oh, yeah." That reminded Zeke of something. "Last night, I knocked over a goblet that made no noise."

"I remember that." Spaky Nishinoya  said. "And it looked like Adelno, Aeko, and Abso, you three were trying to speak, right? But nothing was said."

"It seems to me," Adelno stood up and said, "that this Harnia guy can silence things. Which would explain how he gets everywhere undetected."

"If we can't vocally communicate during the burglary..." Zeke said, "Then we should come up with a plan now, right?"

--- Eight Hours Later ---

The Loudred entered the ballroom of a mansion completely silently. He walked through the room and spun around as though he sensed something, much like when he was charged at during the last night. But nothing was there.

As he moved through the room, looking over his targeted items, a hanging light swung above. A cool breeze ran through the indoor area. Then, it all stopped.

The room was completely still as the burglar stood silent, looking around the room cautiously. After a few minutes, the Loudred started grabbing things to take. That's when the lights went out in the room. Someone flew at him and knocked him onto the ground. The lights flickered back to life, revealing Zeke, who'd locked onto the burglar. The burglar attempted to hit Zeke, but Zeke dodged and counter attacked with a blow to the face.

The Harnia Burglar jumped back and began charging a Solar Beam. Zeke fired an Aura Sphere into the air. Adelno flew out of the shadows and stopped it from going through the roof, then threw a Water Shuriken at the burglar. It knocked over the Loudred, but the Solar Beam was already charged, and fired at Zeke.

Aeko used Aqua Jet and grabbed Zeke, getting him out of harm's way. To keep damage at a minimum, Damien jumped in front of the beam of light and used Protect to prevent a potential hole in the wall.

Abso Frost flew at the downed thief and Knocked Off the stolen goods, which were caught by Adelno's bubbles. Then, Abso created self copies with Double Team, surrounding the burglar. The Loudred released the silencing technique and used Screech, which momentarily paused everyone in the room.

He used that moment to get up and run, opening a sliding door to the outside. "Not so fast." Draki the Dragonair said, using Wrap to restrain him. The burglar used Roar and burst out of the wrappings, but back into the room, where he flew through a thin wall of electricity and became paralyzed. Spaky Nishinoya grinned as he saw his trap work.

Popping out of thin air was Lani, who ran circles around the burglar extremely fast before running at him and holding him down to be properly restrained. He wriggled and growled, but was captured all the same. They left the enormous property, their mission a success.

--- A half hour later ---

"Good job catching this guy!" Officer Larson said as his mini-noses surrounded the Loudred. He used his Probopass-ness to keep the burglar still. "We've identified him as Urusai Harnia, an experienced burglar that managed to develop his own style: the Silent Style, or... what to you call it?"

"Ugh, for the last time, it's the Sairentotekunikku!" Urusai groaned and shouted.

"That. Yeah. So, your reward will arrive tomorrow, okay? Sorry, it's just that it's, you know, eleven forty-two at night? And I bet we all need some sleep, so..." Larson yawned. "I'll be taking him into custody. You lot should go back to your guild and sleep. Good job, uh... which party are you?"

"Adventurers' Party Two."

"Party... Two." Larson wrote down on a paper. "Okay! Gooooooodnight!"

The group returned to the guild, their first party mission a success. They slept the whole night (and morning) through.