Zeke and the Zephyr

Lani sits on the guild's rooftop, playing the Sky Melodica as the winds circle around her, carrying flower petals with them. The song she's playing is a calm and slow one, and is pleasing to the ears of Zeke Zora, who's sitting beside her.

"Hey, Lani?" Zeke asks out of the blue.

"Hm?" She responds as she continues playing.

"You doing anything tonight?"

Lani shakes her head no.

"Cool. I was wondering if you, uh, maybe were okay with coming to the Worldpool with me tonight? It's really beautiful at night."

Lani nods her head yes. The song stops and the petals slowly drift down. "Sure! What time are we going to head out?"

"One in the morning. That's usually the best time."

"Okay!"

That night, Zeke wakes Lani up and they weave to the Worldpool.

They sit at the lakeside under the moonlight, talking about things ranging from missions to personal life. They joke and have some good laughs. Lani plays her song on the melodica, and Zeke takes out a flute and plays along with her. Petals lose their gravity under the moonlight and just float midair.

They get up and walk around the Worldpool, admiring its nightime beauty. They compose an ending to the Lani no Tema, then play it again from the top.

Fifteen minutes go by of just playing music.

They put down their instruments and the petals regain their gravity, slowly drifting down to the water of the lake's surface.

A cloaked figure with two golden eyes lands on the water's surface and walks on it towards Lani and Zeke. Zeke stands up. "Sorry Lani, could you excuse us, please? It's the time I usually meet this guy for a friendly fight."

Lani moves to a better viewing spot at Zeke steps out onto the lake. Zeke and the cloaked figure enter fighting stances. Lani notices Zeke's eyes begin to glow a bright red, then a darker red.

Lani plays her song, and a light breeze runs through the area.

The cloaked figure powers up an Aura Sphere that Zeke perfectly replicates. The balls of aura collide and blast both fighters into the air. They backflip and stand on the now somewhat choppy water.

They meet blows and are perfectly balanced until a cloud covers the moon. Zeke's eyes become a brighter red again as shadows conceal many things. Zeke uses Shadow Sneak, which he must've picked up during some other battle. He materializes in the air behind the cloaked guy and uses Scaled Style: Water Shurikens, which he learned from Adelno's first training session with him. 

It strikes, but his opponent is revealed to have been a log. Zeke spins around and lands, to find many cloaks in the air. Zeke uses Hyper Voice, and all the opponents fade away, having all been Double Team clones. Behind him is the cloaked opponent, who stands with one more Double Team clone.

Lani stops playing her song.

The clone assists the cloak in creating a rainbow Aura Sphere. Gale-force winds begin blowing around him, tearing off the cloak and revealing a golden eyed Riolu. The Riolu dismisses the clone, who fades away. Then, the Riolu runs at Zeke faster than his eyes can track. The Riolu manages to be right behind him, much like what Zeke did with the Shadow Sneak. He brings the ball of rainbow aura down on him. "Infinity Spiral Aura Sphere!" Zeke is blasted down to the bottom of the lake.

"Oh. I think that was a bit too powerful." The Riolu says quietly as the winds subside. He dives in to retrieve Zeke.

Five minutes later, he surfaces with Zeke in arms. He walks over to Lani and sets Zeke down next to her. "Hey." He says as he uses some sort of move to pull water out of Zeke's lungs and put oxygen back in. "I'm really sorry. It was stronger than I expected. Oh, he also looks like he was roughed up when he hit the bottom. Could you..?"

Lani nods and uses Sacred Style: Heal Pulse to finish off Zeke's full physical recovery. They sit by him until he awakens. They talk, the Riolu apologizes, and all three of them return to the guild. The Riolu disappears just before Adelno finds Zeke and Lani outside.