Those Who Fly

The Curse of Ninetales affected one particular human that fateful evening. They took their Gardevoir with them and yanked the Ninetales's tail. The Ninetales yelped in shock and pain, and shot hercurse at the human. Gardevoir, with loyalty and bravery in its nature, jumped in the way and caught the curse.

Enraged with the human's response, that being to flee and let the Gardevoir perish, the Ninetales declared, "This beast of a human shall face a never-ending punishment: an immortal life as a Pokemon."

Two humans awakened in our era the next morning, as a Gengar and a Skitty. Neither quite sure of who they were or why they were a Pokemon, but both hiding it quite well.

Until the Gengar learned of the Ninetales's curse, and heard what it had done.

Now, few knew of the Skitty's human past, but the Gengar had eavesdropped on every conversation where it was brought up, and had all the information needed to get rid of this there human.

"Folks of Pokemon Square!" The Gengar announced. "Your friend Anna? The Skitty? Yeah, they're a human! And that's not all! When they came here for their misdeeds, the world was thrown off balance! We're absolutely doomed if we don't take them out soon!"

Did I mention that this particular tale happened here? Yeah.

The Skitty and her best friend, a Totodile, ran off, as the citizens of this town back then had chased them far and wide. You've heard that short tale of how two Pokemon ran from the Tiny Woods to the other side of Mount Blaze in only 34 hours? Yeah, this caused that. The Totodile, she would later compose a piece known as Run Away, Fugitive, a song that she and her human Skitty friend had hummed and whistled to keep their minds off their impending doom that would either come from this world or some far off one.

Back then, there were three townsfolk, members of a rescue team, actually, that sided with the Skitty and the Totodile. They were called the Crimson Gold Rescue Team, and consisted of a charmander, Pikachu, and Magnemite. They followed the duo of runaways and delayed the pursuing townsfolk in any way possible.

The Skitty/Human and the Totodile eventually reached the Village Hidden in the Snow, home of a secret Absol community, although the blizzards of the Frosty Grotto were too harsh for the duo to notice this village. It really is an appropriate name for the village, don't ya think?

An Absol warrior by the name of Gilaheim Frost stepped up and assisted the Skitty and Totodile when the ice bird Articuno attacked the two. Gilaheim's younger brother Abso would join the Crimson Gold, at which point the town had already given up pursuit, and the snowy Absol-filled village would go on to relocate deeper into the perpetual blizzard surrounding Mount Freeze.

Up atop Mount Freeze, the Skitty and Totodile encountered the original Team ACT, comprised of the mountain-leveling Tyranitar, the Sol-rivalling Charizard, and the overly intelligent Alakazam, none with real names ever provided to the Pellipper Island Committee.

According to the eye-witness reports of Crimson Gold, who had arrived at the scene a little too late, it began with Alakazam saying, "Welcome, Red Rescue, to Mount Freeze's summit. Hope you're not to HOT." The Charizard unleashed a flamethrower upon the team at the word Hot.

Apparently, the Totodile had Hydro Pumped the Flamethrower into a locked battle, with the mon with the least PP giving out.

The Skitty jumped at the Alakazam, but the Tyranitar intervened. That's when Gilaheim abandoned the Red Rescue, and the Crimson Gold had to take his place. The Charmander leader jumped on the Charizard's back, the Pikachu and Magnemite became a handful for the Tyranitar, and the Absol used Night Slash to stun the Alakazam before helping with the Charizard.

With all the obstacles conquered, the Skitty simply lunged at the Alakazam and went in for the descisive blow.

"ENOUGH!!!" A voice rang through the chilly air. "CHILDREN, CALM DOWN!!!"

All nine Pokemon stopped fighting and turned to the source of the voice, an orange Ninetales named Kiorane. She'd been watching the whole time, getting more and more impatient as everyone kept fighting.

Kiorane expelled a wave of energy that teleported Team ACT away. Kiorane then told the Skitty that no, she'd not been the one cursed by her, and the human with the curse still wandered about in this world. The Ninetales said something to the Crimson Gold, but you can ask them yourself. This isn't their story for the most part... though most details were provided by them... so... Anyhoo!

Onwards the Red Rescue went, clearing their name and working together with I, Xat, and that original Team ACT's Alakazam leader, to create the Teleport Gem of Skies, which still rests at the Hill of the Ancients.

Red Rescue ascended the Sky Tower, with the full support of our entire continent. On and on they went through the airborne mystery dungeon, taking on the hordes of Monster Houses every few rooms. After days in the sky, the Red Rescue duo made it to the summit, where they fought the eighteenth Rayquaza, Quazekaze.

Atop the pillar of clouds, the duo won the battle, and Quazekaze, who was known for jumping to conclusions, was too tired to resist hearing them out. She flew up to the meteor and blasted it into practically nothing with a Hyper Beam.

Thus concluded the legend of those who fly, the Red Rescue team.