get over it

"You've grown a liking for Styles haven't you babe." Zayn exhales a cloud of smoke from his nose, before inhaling some more of his half burnt out fag.

I ruffle the grass next to me, it's soft and bright. We lie on the grass outside of Zayns place, looking up at the blue sky and breahing. Zayn's calling it meditating but I know it's not.

"The only thing that's in his head of his are his curls." I picture his hair dangling over his eyes back in Zayns room.

He chuckles and agrees.

I take a sharp inhale, "I- gotta go man." The sky is starting to darken and by the time I'm home it will be dark.

"I'll walk you." A voice comes from the front door. I turn too see Harry.

"Well Louis, I'll text- see you. I'll see you around." Zayn stays down on the grass.

Harry walks down the stone path where we meet at the pavement.

Well isn't this going to be nice.

~~
After walking in a dead silence for a while, I can hear the annoyance and curiousness in his tone.

"Louis fucking come on!" He stops dead in his tracks.

"Take a hint Har-"

"No you need to tell me now." He's not gonna budge this time.

"I will- If you tell me something first." If I'm gonna talk to this cunt, I'm getting something out of it.

He crosses his arms and pouts, "Okay but I'm gonna stand here until you spill."

"Okay... What's with people calling you Styles." I step closer to him.

"Well, Styles is my second name. That's where it comes from."

Harry Styles. Alright name. Catchy. I guess.

"What's wrong with 'Harry'?" The street lights glisten in his eyes. Fuck. "Is it too simple? not different enough? too basic!?"

"Only my mum calls me Harry," He gulps, it's clear it took im some gut to spit that out.

"Now can you please tell me what the fuck is-"

"He ruined my life, for gods sake."

"what?" He bites back the words, kinda like he didn't mean to speak that out loud.

"I have a sister, her name's Lottie, you've met her. A few years back, she was dating Liam and," Just the thought of it makes me sick, "He fucked me while I was asleep, when I woke up he continued. I tried to scream, but all that came out was a fucking whimper. When Lottie walked in, he started to just hit me. And hit me. And hit me."

I sit on the pavement outide of an abandoned house, the light above flickers.

"He left me on the ground. My body was fucking black and blue, he won't admit that it was rape." I look up at Harry.

He looks between confused and upset.

He kneels down next to me, faces at the same level.

"Come on, it's getting cold." He reaches his hand out flat for me.

I shrug and ignore it, standing up. My legs like jelly but my feet feel stable.

He stands up, towering over me.

"Can you take me home." I look up at him, I'm tired. Awfully tired.

Harry nodds before wrapping his arm over my shoulder. He's warm. Painfully warm.