horrendous mindset

"Who new alcohol could be this heavy."

"I did?"

Each carrying a bag walking back down the street in the direction to his house.

"How did you get that wad of cash- your mom doesn't work and-"

"I work." He interrupts.

Oh.

That makes an awful lot of sense but still confuses me.

"What can a 16 year old boy work as- well I guess a lot of things. But what to get that much cash?"

"That's for me too know and for you to never find out."

He smiles down at me, all I feel is embarrassment. From when I couldn't pay a lousy 82 pounds. Infront of Harry.

"Louis are you alright mate?"

I can feel the embarrassment in my expression as I look at up at him.

"What's wrong man, you're never this quiet."

"I'm sorry...About in the store. I couldn't pay. I been tight on-"

"Don't sweat it." He smiles and seems to pick up the pace.

For fuck sake.

I gulp some air down my lungs before closing the spaces between us.

~~

"I didn't have you down as a morning drinker Harry Styles." I take a swig of my beer bottle.

Residing on the porch, we people watch.

"When you don't stop drinking, you can never have a hang over."

Although that's a horrendous mindset, he's really not wrong.

I agree with him, watching him take a sip and licking his lips dry afterwards.

He sits upright, so presitine and perfect, like a mannequin.

He looks as if you try to touch him he would end up being a hologram, your fingers passin through his body and him turning into dust.

The sight I see infront of me looks picture perfect.

His beautiful hair covers his face slightly, still able too see his nose and left eye. The front yards behind him are blurred, my eyes focussing on him, in his grace and beauty. Too me, he's a god. His lips sit at a point where he's neither happy or sad but more just, exsiting quietly.

Silently praying that he doesn't turn to face me I quickly grab his phone out of his back pocket, turning on camera.

"What in the world are you doing?" He turns to face me, catching me with my phone up to my face.

"No! Stay still!" I snap two, one of him smiling towards the camera, his teeth peeking out under his pink lips and the other the other of him smiling, facing away.

You're a god, I whisper under my breathe.

"I know." He smiles and finishes his beer.

"Another?" I grab one out the cooler and hold it up to him.

"Sorry mate but I have to go to work." He gets up from the stairs and stretches.

"Oh." I also get up, closing the cooler.

"You can stay here if you don't wanna leave."

"What time will you be back?"

He shrugs, clearly uncomfortable talking about his job, what the fuck?