adrenaline runs

"More brandy?" Zayn lifts the bottle over to me.

"Sure." I place my glass on his see-through kitchen table.

I peer at my grey socks through the glass, I haven't changed clothes since a few days. I wonder if I smell. Shit.

"The funniest thing happened after you left yesterday-" Niall laughs while speaking but gets cut of by the sound of a car pulling into the drive.

"Fuck. Shit." Zayn has a worried expression glued to his face.

Huh?

"Louis you need to go." Zayn scrambles the alcohol of the table, Niall looks up at me as he helps Zayn.

Zayn seems to run into the kitchen.

"Our parents are 'ome mate." Oh.

"You can sneak out the back door, it's always open." He smiles before running after Zayn.

I tuck the chairs in, quickly putting everything back to as we found them. I search for the back door before eventually finding it, I hear the door unlock and a shout calling the boys' names.

I run for the door and quickly pull the handle down and push the door open. Slamming it shut after myself.

I run round the house, to where I'm greeted with a door at the end of the fence, its locked. For fucks sake.

I use the fence as stairs, before scaling the door. It's not massive but it brushed against my bum as I hopped over.

I don't stop running, making my way in the direction of Harrys house, as well as mine.

~~

I knock on the door, but to no reply.

Maybe he's still working, but his mom must be home though. She never seems to leave the house.

I think to myself as I step back, maybe the doors-

I push the door open, it wasn't even locked. All that drama for nothing.

I shut it behind me, and close the latch as well.

"Harry?" I call his name.

He's not downstairs.

I peer around the corners of every door, to no revail. he must be still working.

I stride up the stairs, his name still leaving my lips to not even a cough in reply.

I push the first door I see, it reveals his mom? lying in bed.

"I'm so sorry-" I go to close the door.

"No baby, come here."

She ushers me over to her bed side.

Fuck it.

I close the door before trudging over too her.

She taps the bed next to her. I sit.

"Hello dear," She grabs my hand and strokes it, "What's your name, sweet?"

"Louis, what's yours?"

"Louis- I recognise that name," She looks at the ceiling, "My name's Anne, are you alright? You're shaking, quite hard actually?"

My adrenaline runs through my veins, the fear of their parents is still in my brain.

"I'm alright but, Anne?"

"Yes, dear" She rubs my hands, most likely in an attempt to warm them up.

"Where's Styles?" I refuse to make eye contact with the woman in front of me.

"Styles? I'm not sure who that is babe." She smiles, her kind soul too innocent for this world.

"I meant Harry, your son. Do you know where he is?"

"Oh Harry, my baby, he's at work."

"Do you know where he works?"

She lets go off my hand. Her smile fades, have I said something wrong?

Reaching into her bedside tables draw next too us, she pulls out a small piece of white paper. The side in my view is plain. She reads the paper quietly, I hear cars drive past the house.

"When he got his job, which I didn't want him too get, he gave me this address, I haven't been and I'm not sure what his job is, but it gets me a roof over my head so I don't question it."

He seems so close too his mum, but she doesn't even know what he spends his time doing or who with.

"But here," She hands me the sheet, "I'm assuming, which my mother told me to not do, that you want to go and see my boy." She smiles up at me.

Her head is placed comfortably on two pillows, stacked in perfect harmony one above another. The angle is a solid 45°.

I slowly come to a stand.

"Thank you so much for this Ms Styles. I really appreciate it and our little chat."

"Call me Anne dear, and come back soon!"

I nodd my head before spinning on my heels, making my way back to the door.

"Oh- and Louis!"

I spin back around.

"I recognise you and the name. From today. In my sons bed."

I glance at my feet, resisiting the urge to run away and never return.

"He's never done that with anyone, and I mean anyone. So if you continue to visit my boys work...and bed, please don't hurt him. I can barely look after myself, never mind my son."

I look back up, her lips slightly upturned. She really is beautiful.

I turn back around and walk to the door.

Just before I leave I go to reassure her, "Don't worry Anne I- "

But I'm greeted with a sleeping beauty.

I shut the door peacefully, making sure not to slam it. Not wanting to wake her up.

I finally get to look at this address.

28 Gubler Street.

How the fuck am I supposed to find this road.

I creep down the stairs, trying not to wake the sleeping woman.

Instead of leaving right then, I go into the kitchen.

There must be a house key somewhere.

I open the cupboards and shut them again, where the fuck do you keep a key?

It takes me a solid 5 minutes before I find a singular key ontop of the fridge.

I silently celebrate before running to the front door, to check if it fits.

Which it does.

I pull the door shut, as I walk out. Twisting it quickly, it may have took five minutes of my life I will never get back but Anne's safety is so worth it.

I dash down the deck, Anne probably can't hear me from here, and if she does, she won't wake up from that.

I stop when I reach the pavement, calculating the nearest bus stop from here. It's times like this I wish I had a license.

The one on Jackson street is most likely my best bet.

I turn right before half running, half skipping down the road. The watch on my wrist ticks slowly, it reads quarter to 11, the sun's been down for hours by now.

I'm on my way Harry. Whether you want too see me or not.

My legs carry me faster than I thought, for someone who smokes too much- My lungs are holding up quite well.

For now.

~~