hello there

The wind flows through my unkept hair, I stand still as a statue.

A tall building stands infront of me.

This is not what I expected.

A structure stands high and tidy, in the middle of town is where he works.

I try to prepare myself for what's about to happen, whatever that is.

I brush off the dust from my sleeves, I take a step forward. My legs long and like jelly. Most likely about to fall over any minute now, at this point I'm not finding him for me but more for Anne.

I don't think he tells her enough, that woman is too sweet to be treated like a burden.

I push the door open, people running around busily like ants.

Its crazy to think that every person walking around is busy- they all have something to do or someone too see. Including me.

It looks like a hotel from the 60s the floor tiles and plants in the corner. The front desk plated in gold and workers hurriedly controlling what's happening everywhere.

I stroll over to the front desk.

"Hello?" I tap on the surface, a girl comes out of what seems like thin air.

"Hello, are you alright?" Her blond hair pulled up tight in a pony tail.

"Is this whole building 28 Gubler Street?" I smile at her, she's extraordinary her body perfectly snatched in a purple body suit in black skinny jeans.

"Sure is-" She leans her elbows on the desk, I can barely hear her over everyone bustling everywhere.

"Are you looking for someone doll? Or are you looking for a certain floor?"

"Yeah I'm looking for someone actually."

"Hit me with a name then." Her teeth shine through her pink lip gloss as she speaks.

"Styles? Harry Styles?"

"I know a Styles- not a Harry if that helps?"

"That's probably him- where can I find him?"

"You see that elevator?" As I move closer too her I hear her strong Jodie accent, she points to a back corner of the reception, "Press number 7, he is most likely on the floor tonight."

"Thank you so much, love."

And with that she speeds of, disappearing into a crowd.

I try to stay out of peoples way as I walk over to the elevator, silently repeating '7' in my mind.

I push the up button and wait for it to arrive.

~~

It opens up slowly and a group of people exit, leaving a cloud of smoke behind. Two men are left in it, standing next too each other.

I jump in, and press 7 quickly. Then lean against the mirror.

Cigarette smoke fills my lungs, its acquired smell. Elevator music quietly filling the silence between the three of us.

As soon as the doors touch, one of the men pounces on the other, like a leopard to a zebra.

Oh shit.

I try to keep my eyes infront of me, the tension in the elavator makes me want to die.

I hear their lips squelch together then break apart as the doors start to open again.

Before they're even fully open I run out. A second longer of that would have killed me.

I walk backwards, watching to see if they get out. But they just seem to stay in the elevator, what weird men. I continue to step backwards.