late

My back stiff, sitting up in attention to Zayn, who wakes me up by whispering sweet nothings into my ear, "You will give Zayn head after you-"

"Styles' will do no such thing," I whisper back, keeping my eyes shut, "What time is it? Am I going to late for my second day of-"

"Calm down, mate." He says, standing up, looking down on me.

"I need to give this too Loueh in school today. So we're-"

"Oh I'll give it to him." I say, sitting up. Maybe he'll give me Louis' address, and then I can hang out at his afterwards. He'll love-

"That's great! Here-" He shoves the sweatshirt on to my chest, I smell him on it. It smells so fucking good.

"Anyways you coming to school? We can skip if you want, we always do it." He says, smirking at me as I stretch my back out, now sitting up.

"Well I'm wearing the same clothes as yesterday." I chuckle, covering up the fact I'm anxious.

"Calm as a clam Styles, no one actually cares." Zayn helps me up, "Come on, Niall want a go at driving. He just got his license, little does he know, he'll never drive again when I'm in the car."

"Oh shit, sorry for keeping you up." I say, grabbing my backpack, wondering if Louis will remember his today.

"No problem dude."

~~

I try to pick up my pace running down the corridor, no one else is around. Of course no one else is around, I try my best to know where I'm going but get stuck every few seconds on which corner to turn.

So, I'm late to Football try-outs and it makes me wanna die. I for some reason took the long way around, looking for Louis all day. Now I'm late, thanks you.

I push open the door to the pitch, a group of boys stand in the middle of the field. I run, right foot first, as fast as my feet can carry me. They all face my direction apart from one, the leader I'm assuming. The captain.

"So, this year is different-" I hear him say, now sneaking to join the group without being noticed.

"Hello?" He says to me, the rest of the boys look back, at me. Fuck sake.

"Hey, sorry I'm late, got lost-"

"Hey, it's okay. No need to apologise, here. I'll give you an introduction to the school, privately and you don't have to worry about anything. So boys, there's a bag of balls. Yes very funny, now go get into pairs and have a kickabout." They all run to the balls, leaving me alone with the captain.

"Sorry, I didn't introduce myself, the names Liam Payne. But you seem cool so call me Payno. Only my close friends call me that," His dark eyes glimmer as he speaks, pearly whites stand out.

"I'm-"

"Styles. You're name is just Styles, right?"

"Yeah," I laugh, shaking his hand, it's big and rough. This guys pretty handsome.

"So, why were you so late?" He asks, walking me over to the bleachers that I only just realised where there.

"Oh um- I was looking for someone but I don't think their here today." Just thinking of him makes me hot, I pull the collar of my neck.

"Who's the lucky girl then mate?" He says, leading me to sit on the bleachers.

"Uhh-"

"Come on, you can trust me! I've had my fair share of girls." He smirks, I bet he has.

"Well I didn't say it was romantically, and secondly his name is Louis, I need to return his jacket."

"Tomlinson? You need his address?"

"Yeah actually that-"

"98 Highland Road, It's like 15 minutes by car, half and hour by foot." He says, how the fuck does he know Louis' road?

"Are you sure we're talking about the same Louis?" I say, Louis has never mentioned being friends with a Liam, and I pay attention to everything this boy says.

"Uhh There's only one Louis mate," He spirts out, wow. That really confuses me, he must really like Louis as much as me. Trying to find out everything about him, I might just have some competiton.

"Alright, let's see your footy skill then, Haz." He stands up, reaching a hand out to me.

I grab it before following him back to the pitch.

~~

My head pounds harder than before, I went to hard at it last night. I need to stop with this dancing business, but it's a steady cash flow and brings money in for us.

I pack this sweater in my bag, I still haven't given it back yet. I can't seem to bring myself to do it. It's been a solid two days now, since I've seen him, he properly can't be bothered to go to school.

But I will do it this morning, I'm ready to see his house and meet his family. I might.

~~

I look up at his house, it's small but not terraced. Enough room for parking, it makes sense for him to live in a house like this but I just know he's embarrassed, the last thing it is, is embarrassing though.

I walk up the steps to the front door, the bell has a dent in it from where it was pressed in so much. I just knock on the wood though.

A petite blonde answers the door, she's actually stunning, "Hello, I'm Lottie." She tucks her hair behind her ear, puppy dog eyes look up at me.

"Morning, malady is Louis in?" I ask, smiling down at her. Her flirtatiousness falls from her nature as she realises I'm not here for her, but for her brother instead. The disappointment sets in.

"Louis there's this fit boy at the door?!" She shouts up the stairs, turning back to face me, "Do you work out?" She grabs my arm, feeling it for muscle.

"Yeah, a little bit. It's for my job." His heavy feet down the stairs make me smile.

He quickly pushes her out of the way, I lean on the doorframe.

"OI, OI Zayn, great to see-" His face also fills with disappointment when he sees my face, why couldn't he ask if I work out like his sister? Why couldn't he take interest like his sister? "oh-"

"Good morning Louis," He examines my body, now I know what it feels like being examined. My decision on wearing this trench coat, I suddenly regret it.

His sister carries on listening and watching us.

"I came to return-" Changing the subject, but he cuts me off.

"Who gave you my address, Styles?" I hear Lottie repeat my name under her breath, not impressed.

"Are you going to track him down or something?" I say, making her giggle. Louis snaps his neck at her, sending her a horrible gaze. She runs away, leaving us alone. How I like it.

"Depends on who it is and whether I like him." He clearly jokes but I can't tell due to his tone.

"I got it from Liam Payne." His face turns ghostly before turning away.

How the hell did that name change his mood so much.

~~