only for the brave

Watching the boys jog off the pitch, Harry is the only boy left. He jogs with them until they enter the changing room. He looks up at me, I stay seated in the bleachers.

My eye stings, the rest of my body aches. He waves up too me, smiling uncontrollably.

I stand up, ready too meet him at the bottom.

Going to grab my phone out my pocket to check the time, but I realise I don't own one anymore.

I hop down from the last step, immediately regretting it.

"Hey Lou! Did you watch the match?"

He looks down at me, not noticing my bruises due to the darkness surrounding us.

"Yeah! You were quite shit not gonna lie to you Haz."

"Well Liam said-"

"Do I look as if I care what Liam says."

He smiles at me, "Well I can't even see you in the dark, so who can tell?" He grabs my wrist before pulling me into the streetlight. I wince at the strong grasp around my arm, it still sore from Rick.

"Now I can see-" He looks into my eyes, immediately horrifyed by what he sees. He looks at the rest of my face. It hurts to see him look at me that way.

"Don't pity me." I turn away, facing the gates that we once entered hours before.

"Louis what the fuck happened? Oh my god you're a mess." He moves to stand next too me.

"Some stupid boys happened Harry."

"Why didn't you tell me!" He places a hand on my shoulder while speaking, it send a pain down my back. I grimace at his touch.

"I didn't wanna ruin your practice- you where having so much fucking fun Harry. I'm not gonna ruin your fucking favourite thing!" I shout back as walking further to the gate. He somewhat chases behind.

"You could've fucking died!" His voice tired which is caused by the workout that just took place.

"I didn't though! Zayn fought them off. Zayn fucking saved me!" I turn to face him, his face red and sticky. I want to reach out and touch, take him right then and there.

"Zayn?"

"Yes okay so stop-"

"What if he wasn't. Huh? Would you have just let them carry on beating you? You wouldn't have stopped them?"

Truthfully, yes. I would have thanked them. then I wouldn't have to suffer in this cruel world any longer.

I respond in silence.

He steps forward to caress my cheek, I step back. Shaking my head.

Him being fucking PDA got me into this mess in the first place.

"What are you doing-"

"You. You kissing me this morning is what got me in this mess Styles. The boys- when they were beating me they were called me slurs. A simple kiss was not worth nearly dieing Styles!" I feel my cheeks burn up, the anger inside of me building up to my skull.

His green eyes glisten in the light reflecting off the cars and house lights hitting us.

"Louis I'm-"

"You know what Styles, sorry doesn't fucking cut it this time."

I face away from him, storming away.

"Louis please!-" He shouts my name, in return all I give him is my middle finger.

~~

The sky turns grey as the rain appears, drizzling silently over the neighbourhood. For the first time in days I make my way to my house.