Pushing To Hard

"Ugh, bother that signal!" Thomas yelled at the inanimate semaphore, as he was waiting for it to turn green. He's been there, for minutes, and it still hasn't changed. "I hope no engine broke down, that would really ruin my day, and cause me to be late"

His boiler was softly boiling his water, as steam as blowing out of his pistons. He rolled his eyes. "Ugh, full steam, and I still can't move"

He waited, and waited, until he saw an engine chugging down the line. He noticed it looked like his friend. "D-Daniel?"

Daniel was hauling a very, very long train. The poor engine was staring hard, his face was dark red as he struggled to pull the heavy goods train behind him. Daniel noticed Thomas as he inched closer. "O-oh! T-Thomas!" He said as his voice strained. "What are you doing pulling that heavy train?! You know you can't manage it!"

"Ugh! I manage it just fine!"

Daniel's wheels trembled on the rails, as he slowly moved forward, at about 3 miles and hour. It was gonna be a very long time before Daniel would be completely away from Thomas, he's gonna have to wait even more for that signal to change. Daniel is from a world, where he is a human. When he comes to Thomas's world, he changes into a steam tank engine. He always love to help out the engines on the Island, but sometimes he forgets he's not exactly a strong engine model.

Thomas sighed as he just looked infront of him, annoyed that he's gonna even be more late.

Then, he heard a strange sound coming from Daniel. He looked over at him, and saw Daniel's dome rattling.

Thomas gaped. "DANIEL!" Thomas yelled. Before Daniel could even say any response, there was a loud sound.

POWW!

Daniel's safety valve, exploded, along with part of his boiler and hot boiling water flew everywhere. Daniel screeched his brakes to a halt. "Oh no!" Daniel screamed once he realized he was pushing himself to hard. Now, Daniel couldn't move at all.

"Cinders and ashes!" Thomas yelled as he quickly made way, to get to his friend. "Daniel are you alright?!" Thomas yelled. "Thomas I'm alr-"

"Speak to me Daniel!"

"...I am-"

Thomas sighed. "Don't do that again! Look at your exploded boiler, that'll take so long to repair!"

Daniel signed. "Why did I have to be a tank engine-"

Thomas puffed up, in front of Daniel, when he found the right track to get there. "Because you're young, that's how this new magic buffers work, your young like me."

Thomas connected up to Daniel, then reversed, hauling Daniel to the steam works. Daniel signed. "I just want to help out. You know how much I love trains"

"I know" Thomas said. "Just.... don't over do it, ok?"