Thomas' Day Off

It was early morning. Thomas The Tank Engine, usually sets off to do his daily jobs, shunting, his branchline service, and other jobs he does as a steam engine. But, today was special. He had a day off. On days off, he'd sleep in, by sleeping al the way until night in his birth, or he'd sped the day on a bridge on his branchline while his fireman did some fishing. He still doesn't like to do that anymore, cause last time he went fishing with his fireman, his water tank ran dry when they where about to leave. The fireman had a bucket, and went to get some water. But, he had accidentally scooped up a fish, and Thomas had a fish in his water tank accidentally, that got clogged in the tube that connects from the tank to the boiler, nearly making his boiler explode, from lack of water and too much heat.

He's been scared of fish ever since.

But now, he has a special...'friend' he likes to visit, and he rarely ever sees them anymore since they had gone back to their world. They had told him, that he's welcome to visit anytime he wants, but with how busy Thomas is on Sodor, he barely has anytime for himself. So, since Sir Topham hatt, has given him a day off today, he saw his chance.

Once the sun was rising, Thomas has been started. "You can stay here today fireman, I can manage my self from here to the buffers" Thomas said to his assigned fireman. "Are you sure?" They asked. "Positive. I'll just be heading to Daniel's realm."

The fireman nodded. "I know how much you love him, you probably just want your alone time, well, seen you soon-" The fireman said, walking away. "Yes, than- Hey! It's not like that!" Thomas said.

"Not like that, you say?" A certain red engine, with the number "5" on his tender said, scaring the steam out of Thomas. "W-What the?! James! It's not!"

James just chuckled. Thomas rolled his eyes, then started his pistons to leave the shed, but then James puffed with him. Thomas braked, and stopped. He turned his eyes at James. "What are you doing?"

James stared blankly at Thomas. "What? Am I not allowed to move?"

Thomas just rolled his eyes. "Whatever"

He started again.

"Oh, and I have a day off to" James said. Thomas screeched his breaks to a halt once more. "W-what?" Thomas said surprised. "I do too!" A cheerful Percy said.

Thomas was even more surprised. "You possibly can't all have breaks on the same day-" He said. "Says who?" James snapped. "Sir Topham Hatt said I can have a day off" He said. "Same with me" Percy said. James chuckled. "I know where you are going. You're going to Daniel aren't you?" He asked with a smirk. Thomas's face went red. "U-uh... um... So what if I am?"

James just chuckled slyly. "Oh, nothing" He said as he chugged. "Hey, I might want to come with you. Been curious about his world, since you won't shut up about his world or even your boyfriend"

Thomas blushed extremely hard, and got defensive. "I- He's not my boyfriend!" Thomas yelled. "Well, he's clearly not a friend"

Thomas had no words-

Except: "I'm gonna shunt you off a cliff."

***

Thomas, James and Percy headed down the mainline to the magic buffers. Thomas was cross, because he wanted to spend some alone time with Daniel, away from the other engines. He didn't mind Percy to be with him, but James is a whole different story.

"Where is the magic buffers? I forgot where they were-" James said. "Don't worry, I do. Just follow me. Keep up-" Thomas said. They passed by a lot a buildings, until they came up to a railyard. Thomas turned on the switch, and James and Percy followed. "Is that the buffers ahead Thomas?" Percy asked, as he was looking ahead of his friend. "Yes Percy. Just don't stop, just chugg right into the buffers like it's platform 9 3/4