𝟕.| 𝐄𝐱𝐞𝐬

♛♕♛

Coven and Cole had their arms linked as they walked into the extravagant Gala. Mateo followed in behind and immediately wandered off to the bar. People approached Cole and started to chat. Coven found herself wandering off as Cole had let her arm go and moved away from her and more people pushed her away to crowd around Cole.

She wanders around aimlessly. Not exactly sure what to do. She was surprised to see Mr. Kia and she immediately rushes forward and taps him on the arm. He looks down and his eyes well with tears as he hugs her tightly. She hugs back tightly.

"I thought I'd never see you again." He whispers.

"You didn't say goodbye." She whispers as her eyes water. Both Mateo and Cole watched her from afar, shocked to see Mr. Kia.

"Did you read the letter and open the box?" He asks as they pull away and fight back the dam of tears.

"No. I couldn't bring myself to do it." She admits.

"You should've opened it and you should still. I'm not sure how often we will see each other. I want you to be at a peace of mind. Hold on..." He says as he digs through the inside of his tux jacket before bringing out a fancy envelope that was thick.

"Read this when you get a chance." He says.

"Why?" She questions confused and he smiles at her innocent face.

"Because I want you to feel at peace. I...I wasn't going to ever return to this life once Cole took you." He admits.

"Why did you? Not that I mind, I'm happy to see you again." She says as they sit at a table.

"Coven...I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but your father was murdered." He says calmly and she frowns as her eyes cast to the table in sadness.

"I'm guessing it was his debt." She says.

"Yes. I took over and I've got the mafia running smoothly. I've brought in many more men. I've got debts paid off. I'm the leader now..." He says and she smiles as she looks at him.

"I'm happy to hear the Mr. Kia. You've always done so much for the mafia and you deserve that title as leader more than anyone. You've worked hard for it. They're lucky to have you." She says.

"Are you sure your okay with it? I mean it would've been respectfully been passed down to you." He says.

"Of course Mr. Kia. I'm with Cole now. Even if I wasn't, and father died, I would've had you take over. It's not that I don't love the mafia, I just...I am not meant for being a leader." She says.

"I doubt that. You would make an amazing leader. I would've helped you, you know?" He says.

"Well, I still would've fought tooth and nail to have you as the leader. At least you are. I'm happy for you. So, please tell me your going to get a wife or maybe start a family soon." She pleads and a loud happy laugh leaves him.

"I have a wife Coven. I have for awhile. She's just lived far away because her father wasn't ready let her leave. She's moving here soon though. I visited her and our four sons and daughter when I left actually. Then I got wind your father died and the mafia was leaderless. Her father yelled at me to go take that spot like I deserve." He says and she gapes at him.