𝟏𝟗.| 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬

♛♕♛

Coven was moved back into Coles place a month later. She wanted to slowly settle things back in and that was slow enough for her. She was working back at the hospital where she was deeply missed. She missed working there. She was adjusting to the new location where they not only helped their mafia patients, but they helped other mafias that were allies. It was a bit of a drive from where they use to work, but she didn't mind. She had her license now, but most days, Cole would take her.

"Coven, your mans is in the ER, curtain three with a gunshot wound to the arm." Jackie says and Coven sighs as she nods. She walks to the ER. Mateo and Blade sat on the edge of the bed Cole was sat upright in.

"Tonto." She says as she grabs his arm and he huffs.

"I'm not a bonehead baby. I wore a vest this time." He says and she nods as she pulls the bullet out and starts to clean his wounds out before stitching it up and bandaging it.

"Okay, be safe. All three of you." She says and they nods, hugging her. Cole was the last to hug her and he kissed her softly.

"Where's Azora?" She asks.

"Probably at the school. She's found her love for teaching." He says and she smiles.

"That's good. I'm happy to hear that. Now go, you got work to do. I love you." She says and he kisses her.

"I love you too. No extra shift. We have a date tonight." He says as he slowly walks backwards, looking at her.

"I know. No extra shift." She says and he winks while snapping his fingers and pointing as her before turning to leave. She rolls her eyes playfully before busying herself with other patience before she found herself in The Chiefs office.

"Chief, could I ask something?" She asks and he chuckles.

"Well since your hear, I don't see no issue in it." He teases and she blushes shyly.

"I've been doing a lot of research on the different cancers and I really want to do some medical trials for finding a cure." She says.

"Each cancer will have a different cure, you know?" He says.

"I know. I want to work with kids first. Within our mafia and other allies. I've seen a lot of kids with leukemia or some other cancer. I want to give them a chance of survival. A life. A lot of these kids are dying young and it's unfair." She says.

"I'll have you a lab prepared. One month for research. One month for making the medicine. Two months for your trial. How's that sound?" He asks.

"Perfect. Thank you so much." She says and he nods with a smile.

♛♕♛

Coven rushes in, fifteen minutes late. Cole was late so Jackie drove her back. Cole had asked Jackie to drive her back apparently. Because he had to finish up. She goes upstairs and sees a few box's on the bed. She grabs the note card.

Baby,
I will be running close on time, but I will be in time for our date. For now, shower. I'm sure your tense and tired from your day at work. So relax. Enjoy some time alone for a little bit. You have two hours. When your done, I bought you a dress and shoes for our date. Along with a few other gifts. I love you, now go shower.

-Cole

She smile as she folds the note card and puts it in her nightstands. She heads to the bathroom and she showers quickly before getting in the bathtub where she started to do her long and intense body care. She shaves as well in any place she could. She gets out not long after and dries her hair a bit. Her skin was soft and looked so healthy after her body care routine. She puts on her lingerie set—the top being strapless. She grabs the dress out of the box and immediately fell in love with it. She giggles reading the tag. He cut the price off, but the dresses name was still on there. A sexy mermaid white evening dress with a side slit. It was strapless as well. She shimmy's her way into it and zips it.

She pulls the shoes out of the box and smiles seeing gold high heels. She slides them on before walking to the bathroom. She styles her hair in loose curls. She pinned back some pieces with a three leaf gold clip. She grabs gold and brown eyeshadow and does and smokey eye look. She uses black eyeliner to make her eyes pop. Then she paints her lips in a dark red.

She walks out and looks in the final box. Her eyes water seeing the beautiful Diamond set. He knew she was going to wear her three leaf gold hair clip. She carefully puts on the Diamond necklace that we're leaves all the way around with a diamond tear shaped pendent in the middle that sat on her chest. She grabs the matching earrings and bracelet before she went back to the bathroom and put on a few spritz of perfume.

Now with time to spare, she walked to her office that was located downstairs and across from Coles. She sits down and takes a few notes for her lab when she hears the door open not long later. He walks in as her office door was always closed and the light was typically off. He smiles seeing her.

"You look beautiful baby. Here's some fresh roses. I went out to the garden today and picked a few." He says handing her the fresh bouquet of Roses that he had someone put a beautiful plastic paper around the ends.

"They're beautiful. Thank you." She says as she stands and gently takes them. She smiles as the fresh scent of them invades her nose. She loved Roses.

"I believe there's a vase under the sink. Let me go see." She says softly as she goes to the kitchen. She was right. She feels it with water before putting the roses in the vase. She brings them to her office and sets them on the window seal.

"You look very handsome babe." She says and he smiles.

"Thank you baby. Should we head out? Do you have everything you need? Pads in case you start as well?" He asks and she nods.

"Yeah. Let's go." She says and he nods as he links his arm through hers. He leads her outside, locking the doors before he helps her into the car. She smiles. He was so generous and she loved that about him.

As he goes around the car, her mind wanders back to the fact they there is a contract for their marriage. "Cole?" She asks and he hums as he starts the car.

"Nevermind, it's not important. Clearly if I forgot." She says while giggling as she didn't want to make the atmosphere tense. Apparently Cole didn't like to talk about the contract.

"You told me I'd know one day why you chose me for an arranged marriage. It irks me when it's called arranged since I love you so I'll refer to it as marriage for now on." She rambles and he chuckles.

"You already know why I chose you baby." He says and she tilts her head to the side in confusion.

"I-I do?" She asks confused.

"I say it frequently." He says and she was quiet.

"Because you love me?" She asks.

"Yes. I knew since the moment I saw you that I loved you. I cared for you in a way I haven't cared for any girlfriends I've had. You, your magical." He says and she smiles.

"Magical huh?" She teases softly.

"Hey, I thought you were a witch when we first met because how quick I fell for you. I thought it was some spell." He says and she giggles.