𝟐𝟏.| 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞

♛♕♛

"It's so beautiful!" Azora says for the millionth time this morning. It was the next morning and they all were eating breakfast together like normal. Coven was smiling from yesterday's memories—not to mention after the rough and hard sex that she didn't realize how much she enjoyed.

"Babe, you've already said that." Blade chuckles.

"I know. It's just...argh! It's so beautiful! Cole, I can't believe you made her think she lost the ring." She says and Cole chuckles.

"I couldn't help it. And I was getting antsy and I knew purposing in the middle of a restaurant wouldn't be magical. And not to mention how tense and awkward she'd feel in front of all those people there who don't know us." He says.

Coven was dressed in her scrubs for the day and had her hair in French braids. She really was ready for work today. Cole seemed to also want her home as he was being quite clingy although he knew she had to leave soon.

"Cove, who's taking you to work today?" Blade asks.

"I was actually hoping that I could drive myself." She says and they pout.

"Well, I need some time to think. The Chief is allowing me to run a clinical trial so I need to think it through since he's divided it into four months. One month research, one month making the medicine and two months for running the trials." She says and Cole pulls away from her and looked at her in shock. She looks at him confused.

"Baby! Why wasn't I the first one to know!?" He exclaims hurt and she frowns.

"W-Well...I wanted to share it with all of you. I'm sorry." She says quietly while looking down. He was surprised to see how much it hurt her from his reaction, but he couldn't help to feel hurt that he wasn't the first to know the great news. He opens her mouth to say something as she stands up quickly.

"Bye guys. Bye Cole. Love you. See you guys later." She mutters as she quickly scurries out. She grabbed the keys on her way out. Azora glares at Cole when she hears the door shut.

"You acted like a wounded puppy dog Cole! This is great news and now she's so sad and unhappy because your ass decided to be a little bitch about it! Couldn't you have said 'Congrats baby' or 'I'm so happy for you! I know how much this means to you!' You know? Something like that!?" She exclaims angrily.

"I just wanted to know first. We talked a good portion on our date yesterday and never once did she bring this up. She always tells me big news first." He says quietly.

"She's happy though. We are all a family Cole." She says.

"For as long as I've known my sister...she's been one to share big news with the family. Despite family complications of ours, she's always said it. Even if she knew it would be disregarded or if she'd be yelled at or something. She's always been like this Cole. But, I think you owe her in apology. You don't understand how much this is probably bothering her. Your reaction matters most to her and yours wasn't the one she was expecting. She looked so..." Blade trails off.

"Broken." Mateo finishes.

♛♕♛

"What's wrong? You've been sighing and almost breaking into tears all day. You've been so lost in thought too and offered to do scut which you've finished!?" Jackie says as she decided it was time to approach Coven after three hours. Coven went to respond as a whole bunch of men rush in armed.