𝟐𝟗.| 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥

♛♕♛

Coven loaded the gun she held with shaky hands. An AK seems like it will be hard to control. But, after she heard that he had men of his own to help him control her, she had no choice, but look for whatever she could use. Luckily the room she has barricaded herself in had a stash of weapons. She gulps before opening the door and aimlessly fired the gun. Her ears were ringing—wait no—screaming as each shot went through the air. Blood spewed out of her shoulder; splattering the wall. Her shoulder had a hole in it. It went all the way through.

She didn't stop firing. She was shocked when a man barreled in and started to fire with her. She didn't expect help. They switched guns though as she did have the better out of the two. She was totally exhausted for sure. She missed Cole. She missed everyone back home. The gunshots ceased.

The unknown man and Coven were leaned against the wall. They slowly walked out to see Micha bleeding out on the floor, the only one alive. The unknown man pulled his mask off and it was Carson.

"Brother...you betrayal will forever be remembered." He speaks lowly.

"Betrayal! I was fighting for what's mine." Micha spits out coldly.

"Micha, she was never yours. She was never yours to fight for. She is mine." Cole says coming down from the entrance. He didn't bother using the ladder down, he just jumped down.

He rushes to Coven who hugs him tightly. He hugs her back, missing her the hours she has been gone.

"Coven..." Micha whispers before he took his last breath. Carson looks at Coven.

"You were shot. Let me tend to it." He says as he pulls her away from Cole.

"Carson...I'm sorry." She mumbles.

"You did nothing wrong Coven. He did everything wrong. None of this was your fault so I better not hear another apology out of your mouth or I'll tell Cole and let him handle it." He says firmly and she pouts.

"And why are you so serious? Loosen up dear little brother." She pouts and he cracks a smile and she grins.

"Ayyy!!! I saw that!" She says and he tries to force it away, his lips twitching and she was squirming.

"You can't hide that smile from me pretty boy. Go on, smile!" She says and he full on smiles, unable to hold back anymore. She giggles happily despite what has all gone down tonight. Cole stands nearby, watching Carson's every move, not trusting hardly anyone with his wife.

"What did he do to you?" Cole asks.

"Oh...well he said I was suppose to be his and I could still be. Then we kind of were both shouting back and forth and he threw a vase at my head. Then I started to um...leak milk. He wanted to...drink it. When he thought he'd be able to, I managed to get his knife from him that he kept using to threaten to cut Solace out of me. After that...excuse my language, but all hell broke loose. Literally." She says looking around the place.

"A leash is what you need dammit. A fucking tracker." Cole says and she huffs.

"Nuh uh!" She says offended.

"You always are in some situation baby. I just want to keep you safe. With a tracker, we would immediately know where you are." He says and she huffs.

"It won't be necessary." She mumbles childishly as Carson wraps her arm.

"This happened from the inside munch. It now is necessary as it was proven you could be kidnapped from the inside." Carson says and she pouts, reluctantly nodding.

Cole puts a hand on her back. "Let's get out of here baby before I try to rip a dead man to shreds." He mutters and she frowns as she nudges him slightly.

"Not necessary. I just want to go home Cole." She mumbles and he nods as he picks her up bridal style.

"Babe, put me down. I probably weigh a ton." She says panicked.

"You weigh nothing baby. Now shush and hold on tight." He says and she nods as she does just that. He goes up the ladder using one hand, but he didn't mind. He was so happy to have his wife and child back. He glances at her belly with a small smile. Solace was a little fighter too. He has his two fighters and he couldn't ask for anyone else. He was happy to have her back. He just wanted to hold her close and tell her everything is going to be alright.

Home was a priority right now. He wanted to hold her, read to his two fighters. Comfort Coven knowing that there was a shitload she wasn't telling him. He knew she worried for him, but sometimes he just needed her to stop worrying—especially in times like these and just tell him everything.

But, she always worried about everyone else before herself. Even if it was the way they'd react to information, she cared way too much. He wanted to know everything said and done there. He had never felt so infuriated in his life. Watching the footage...not finding his phone where it was blinking from the panic button alert...he'll forever feel guilty. He felt as if he could of prevented it if he carried his phone or if he accompanied her to the bathroom for safe measures. But, he didn't.