𝟏𝟒.| 𝐏𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧

♛♕♛

Coven stood at the desk in the newly remodeled hospital from the fire. She was looking over a chart as Blade and Mateo helped Cole in. She tilts her head at the chart trying to figure it out.

"Baby." Cole says through gritted teeth. Her eyebrows furrow and she turns around.

"God dang it Cole! You said this was easy and no one would get hurt! Tu stupido tonto!" She says angrily as she motions nurses for a gurney. Blade snorts to hide his laughter.

"W-What?" Cole says shocked.

"She said you stupid bonehead." Blade says as they lift Cole onto the gurney.

"I know what she said! I just don't understand why she said it!" He exclaims as he is being rolled away towards the operational rooms.

"Jackie, please hold onto this chart and don't give  this to anyone. Something doesn't add up." She says and the nurse nods, hiding it away for only her to know and to give to the young woman later.

Coven stormed off after Cole whilst mumbling Italian insults—appropriate ones. Mateo and Blade followed behind and were led up to the gallery to watch since they insisted they wouldn't leave his side.

Coven walks into the room not too long after, prepared for surgery. "Coven, he won't let us put him out until he sees you and talks to you." A nurse says and she stands beside his head.

"I never planned on you seeing my insides baby. I'll start there." He says, painfully chuckling and she smiles slightly.

"Pull her mask down. I want to see her face." He says and a nurse does as told. She looks at him, trying to keep it together.

"Baby, I don't know if I want you doing this. I know it's hard. Why don't you get another doctor?" He asks.

"I'll be fine. I'm alright. I'm just a little upset this is how you came back to me. Idiota." She says and he rolls his eyes.

"I didn't exactly expect to be ambushed." He says.

"You should of been wearing your vest either way. God, I should make you suffer for the amount of near heart attacks you give me." She says with a chuckle as he goes wide eyed. The nurses chuckle whilst Blade and Mateo smile, hearing every word.

"No, no, no! No more suffering. Please. I've learned my lesson last time from you and trust me, I'll never ever ever get on your bad side again." He says causing quiet laughter to fill the room.

"Okay. You worry me sometimes though. Tonto." She says and he huffs.

"I'm not a bonehead." He mutters.

"Listen, I need you to let them get you to sleep so I can fix you up." She says and he sighs.

"Are you sure you don't want another doctor to do this? I would rather it baby because I don't want you to worry and see this. What if something goes wrong?" He asks.

"Cole. I am staying and that's final. Now shut the heck up so they can put you to sleep so I can fix you." She says and he huffs.

"Kiss first." He says and she smiles and nods. She leans down and kisses him softly.

"I love you Coven." He says sleepily after the mask was placed on him. She was surprised.