𝟏𝟏.| 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐬

♛♕♛

Coven pulled extra shifts for the past week so she could process everything going on with Cole. If she was at home, she either spent time with Blade and Mateo or slept.

"Coven, I know you've been here for forty eight hours, but could you stay another twelve? Lisa went into labor. She was in the middle of a surgery, can you take over?" The Chief asks.

"Yes sir." She says as she sees Cole walk in. A nurse pointed her way as she started to get situated in scrubs. Cole walked towards her before stopping before her.

"One, you have hardly been home. Two, why aren't you following the hours given? Three, you look like hell." He says calmly.

"I've been trying to process all that's been going on with us Cole. The pros and cons. You know...I really like what we have, but I have to be sure that what happened won't happen again." She says.

"Baby...I'm sorry. I didn't want to make you uncomfortable in your own home." He says.

"You didn't Cole. I just have to do something—like working and I think better. I rationalize and all that jazz. If you'd like to know, things are looking good for you...so far." She says.

"Baby, I need my fix." He says.

"Your on drugs!?" She whisper yells horrified.

"No...well you. Your my drug and I haven't tasted a single drop of your cum for a month and a week." He says quietly.

"I have to go take over a surgery. How about when I get back...after I rest. I will be on a week break. The Chiefs orders since I'll soon be working sixty hours in a row." She says.

"Okay. Why haven't you been following your hours though?" He asks.

"Because I needed to think. So keeping myself busy, but a lot of our doctors are on maternity leave or vacation so there is quite literately hardly any of us here. I really have to go for this surgery." She says. He sighs and nods. He kisses her head before letting her go. His eyes follow her until she disappears.

♛♕♛

"Holy Jesus." Coven says as she steps outside the hospital for the first time in three days. Mateo and Blade laugh at her reaction to natural daylight as she walked out.

"Oh...what are you guys doing here?" She asks confused. She expected Cole to be here.

"Cole is a bit caught up with work. So he asked if Mateo and I could pick you up. He also gave us orders to make sure you ate a full meal before you went to bed." He says.

"He kills me sometimes. I just want my bed. And sleep. So much sleep." She says and they laugh as they lead her to the SUV. The property here was massive. She could walk, but it was just easier to get the few miles as a quick drive. She looked at the far far away spot on the massive property where Cole plans to build his house.

"Do you want to at least change out of your scrubs?" Mateo asks as they walk in and she heads to the kitchen.

"No. I'm going to eat, then shower and then sleep." She says. She saw a plate beside her spot and assumed Cole would be here soon.

"Actually, let me shower first. I feel absolutely disgusted with not showering for three days." She says and they laugh at her again. She takes a shower that was quick and thorough before putting her scrubs in the hamper. She grabs a shirt she has stolen from Cole and some shorts. She decides she will wait for him, preparing herself for what she will do.

She goes downstairs and sees that Mateo and Blade must've left. She goes to the kitchen and sees Cole on his phone. He looks up when he sees her.

"Baby...oh thank god. It's so nice to be able to have dinner again with you." He says in relief as he sets his phone down. She sits beside him.

"It's nice to be out of the hospital. I'm happy to see you as well. Out of the hospital." She giggles and he smiles.

"And to be having my dinner out of the hospital and with you." She says as she realized how much she has missed Cole. They both eat in a silence.

"So, are you up to talking or do you want to go to bed, then talk?" He asks.

"Hmm...we can talk a little bit." She says and he nods.

"So, have you decided about what's happening with us?" He asks and she smiles slightly.

"I've decided to give you a chance because I do happen to like you a lot Cole. I really like what we have had going on...I was slightly disappointed and very upset that telling me a painful memory led to you ultimately being with another girl." She admits. He grabs her hands.

"I'm so so sorry baby. I feel terrible about it and I'll regret it until the day I die. You won't regret this, I swear." He says and she smiles softly.

"I hope I don't. Because you really do have my heart and soul Cole." She says softly and he smiles softly as he glances at her lips. She glances at his and the two slowly lean in, their lips locking.

He holds her face in his large cold hands. She hums slightly as she shivers. He holds back a chuckle as he kisses her softly before let her go.

"Does this mean you'll move back in the room?" He asks.

"Not just yet. But, I will consider that fix of yours tonight. Only if you let me be in control." She says and he raises an eyebrow in surprise before he slowly nods.

"It doesn't have to be tonight baby. I rather you sleep. You look tired." He says softly.

"I'm okay, trust me. Now, why don't we go upstairs?" She asks softly.