𝟐𝟑.| 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐬𝐞

♛♕♛

Cole, Mateo, Blade and Azora stood in the room where Coven laid in a bed. IV's and tubes were everywhere. Lots of beeping and lost of wires. Her head had a bandage around it just like her leg. The Chief walks in.

"I'm sorry for having to keep you guys waiting. I know you guys are worried, but she's going to be alright. I had to put her in a medical induced coma. She had a brain bleed and her brain is still slightly swelled. This happened because one of the men had given her a beating and one of the blows to her head caused this." He explains.

"Okay. So, will the swelling go down?" Cole asks.

"It will in time. I'm going to keep her under heavy observation for cautionary reasons. I don't think it'll worsen. I believe Coven will make a quick recovery." He says.

"Okay...how about her leg?" He asks.

"Her leg wasn't as terribly injured. It missed the bone which is good so a flesh wound technically." He says. They nod and were confused with why he was still here.

"What is it Chief?" Cole asks feeling his anxiety spike seeing the troubled look on his face.

"Coven whispered something to me before she fainted. Something about pregnant. So, I ordered an ultrasound, but then also blood tests. Coven is indeed pregnant. The baby is looking healthy from what I can tell. It's pretty early to tell too much though." He says and Cole was shocked before nodding.

"Thanks." He whispers as he moves closer to Covens bed. He rests a hand on her belly. The Chief smiles slightly before leaving.

"Hey, we are going to be back tomorrow. We want to give you some time alone with them." Azora says as she gently strokes Covens belly before caressing Covens cheek.

"Alright. Thanks guys. Be safe." He says and they nod, giving him a hug before leaving. The door shuts and a long deep sigh fills the room. He pulls the chair closer to her bed before sitting down.

"Coven, baby, if you can hear me...I love you so much. I know you'll wake up and I know it could be awhile. I know your body is probably under a lot of stress and you need time to recover, but as selfish as it is, I want you awake as soon as possible. A month at most, but tomorrow would be great. Maybe a week to give you some time to recover." He says as his eyes water. His hand held hers and he shivered.

"Yours hands are freezing!" He exclaims and he chuckles sadly.

"You should be telling me that." He mumbles sadly as he looks at her pale face. Her mouth was open due to the tubes. Her eyes closed, but purple and black were around them heavily. Her face and body were bruised from the beating.

"Your pregnant baby. I thought so with the way you've turned your nose up to some foods. And I don't know if you've realized, but your period is close to two months late. You should've started not long after we started having sex and it's my bad I didn't realize sooner. Not that I'm upset about this. I'm so happy I'm going to be a dad. If I would of known, I probably wouldn't be letting you work or working as early. Or shortening your hours." He says.

He felt like it was a bit off of him to carry a normal conversation with her. But, he has read two different things. They can hear you and that talking to comatose patients can lead them on the road of recovery.

"Baby...I wanted to surprise you with the blueprints tonight, but your here. And I feel like if you can hear me then that you can start planning color pallets and designs. But, I started to build our forever home. We are working on the foundation more or less as of now, but we are working on it." He says as a tear falls from his eye.

"Fuck! Baby, please just wake up. I can't do this without you. I want you to be talking to me baby. Please. Just wake up." He pleads as his body shakes from his sobs. His cheeks stained with tears.

"I'm not as strong as you. Please baby. I can't do this. I need you here with me. Baby! Please!" He cries as he jumps up and goes to the attached bathroom where he punches the tile wall—over and over. He only stops when it hurt too bad. He runs a hand through his hair as he shakes his head. He growls as he looks at himself in the mirror. He wipes his tear stained cheeks with the back of his good hand before he quickly wrapped his left hand. He walks back out and puts his hand on her stomach as he seats himself.

"Baby, I'm going to talk to our little one real quick." He says as he looks at her face. Nothing. Just silence. His lip trembles as he really just wanted to hear her voice. He wanted to hear her giggle happily, he wanted to see her smile and lift her shirt so he could also rub her belly. He would lift her shirt, but she's in a gown.

"Hey there little one. I'm your daddy. Your a little fighter, aren't you? Mommy has been through a lot today and she's my fighter too. Clearly you take after your mommy. Your mommy will be okay. She's just had a very long and tough day. Some bad people showed up and gave her a hard time. I promise I'll do my best to shield you from those bad people while you grow. One day, you'll take over the mafia and be a very wise little one. You'll make decisions and support our family. Not your mother and I—everyone in the mafia, but I can tell your taking after your mommy so it's obvious you'll do just fine. I'll help you though. Anytime you need it, I'll help." He says softly as he rubs her belly.

"And you'll fall in love one day. Don't expect love either. I never expected to fall in love, but I saw your mommy and it was like my heart couldn't stop beating so fast. You'll know when the perfect person comes along little one. Your mommy and I are going to be getting married. As soon as she wakes up from her nap, I'm making her Mrs. Morpheus. Which means, we will most likely marry over you little one." He murmurs. He leans down and kisses her belly.

"Goodnight little one." He whispers before indulging in a conversation with his sleeping fiancée. He would go quiet at times before going on.