𝟖.| 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

♛♕♛

Coven woke up in the guest bedroom and she starts crying, remembering what she was told the night prior. She gets up and walks to Coles bedroom where he was still asleep. He was hugging her pillow tightly. She quietly grabs her clothes before going to takes a quick shower. She gets out and sees he is gone. She quietly makes her way down the stairs when Mateo walks in.

"Hey, are you okay? You left early last night and that guards at the gate texted me and told me you seemed upset. And you've been crying." He says.

"Baby! Come eat breakfast with me please!" Cole calls.

"I'm fine." She mumbles. She puts her hand in her sweatpants pocket and feels the business car she put in there. She smiles as she remembers this was her way of reminding herself to ask Cole. She walks in and he grins.

"Baby, you left early last night. And you didn't sleep in our room, why not?" He asks. He sits down and Mateo does as well.

"I don't really want to talk about it. I'm not really hungry either. Um...I saw Mr.Kia last night." She says.

"I saw that. How's he doing? I thought he left the mafia life." Cole says.

"He's doing well. I learned he has a wife and five kids. Four boys who are older then his daughter. The reason why I never met them is because his wife's father wasn't ready to let her leave. He came back because um..." She trails off as she sits down as she feels lightheaded as she thinks about it.

"What is it baby?" He asks concerned.

"He told me that my father was murdered. It was because his debts. The mafia was left leaderless so, he came back and took over because his wife's father said to. His wife and kids are finally getting to move here. He wants me to meet them. He said he thinks of me as another one is his kids." She says.

"How do you feel about that? Him taking over the mafia and meeting his family?" Mateo asks and Cole nods in agreement as he was still surprised that her father was murdered.

"My father never deserved to be the leader of that mafia. He's dragged everyone through so much and they don't deserve that. I think Mr.Kia deserves that spot more than anyone else in this world. He'll make an amazing leader. I know he will. He cares so much about that mafia. And I want to meet his family. I mean...he is like a father to me anyway. I don't want to loose him forever." She says.

"Yeah. I'll talk to him. Did he give you a number by chance?" Cole asks.

"Yes, he actually gave me a business card. Could I also call him sometimes?" She asks as she pulls it out of her pocket and looks at it.

"Of course baby. But, I need you to tell me what happened last night." He says as she hands him the card and he puts it in his shirt pocket.

"I don't want to talk about it Cole." She says.

"Don't lie to me." He says and she gapes at him.

"I'm not even lying. I've announced I rather not talk about it." She defends.

"Rule number three. Do you remember that?" He asks and she sighs.

"Tell you my feelings." She mumbles. Mateo was eating his food, but listening to the couple.

"Exactly." He says.