𝟏𝟖.| 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

♛♕♛

Coven had ordered the maids and chefs a day off. She wanted a day for just Cole and her as selfish as it seemed. There was things to be talked about, yes, but it's been a year and god has she missed him.

She was cooking a slightly big breakfast for the two. She hears a groan and loud footsteps down the stairs. She giggles quietly as she continues to cook. She hears a huff when he walks in and she grabs a mug filled with black coffee with two sugars and one cream.

"You left me." He mumbles grumpily.

"To make breakfast. Here Cole, I made some coffee. Your favorite." She says and she giggles seeing how quick he perks up at that sound of that.

"Thank you baby. Have you had some coffee?" He asks and she's nods as with a smile as she motions to her favorite mug. It was her favorite mug before she was told to leave. He didn't let him or the staff or visitors use that cup. It was hers only. He smiles as he thinks about how he left everything untouched—besides her clothes as he used those for her scent. He can't sleep without her.

"Could we talk about the cursing and alcohol drinking?" He asks and she chuckles.

"Cole, I've been up since five this morning and trust me when I say I've thought of every scenario of us talking. I'll stop cursing and I won't drink ever again. I swear...but no punishment—please. I swear if I do slip up, I'll willingly take any punishment." She says and he nods.

"Deal. Just, please never ever let me hear a curse word out of your mouth—or see you drink any alcohol. I almost had a heart attack last night." He says and she laughs lightly.

"I doubt a heart attack, but never again." She says and he smiles. She grabs their plates and he grabs her coffee, following her along to the dining room table. Her chair untouched and was in the same crooked position she left it which shocked her knowing how serious clean up was to the maids. But, she pushes her surprise away as she sets their plates down. They both seat themselves and it felt like a normal morning.

They ate in a comfortable silence. He had a hand rested on her thigh and she rested a free hand over top his. Mateo, Blade and Azora file in and start to hash out who got what of the extras before sitting at the table.

"These are amazing!" Blade moans as he starts with the eggs.

"If you'd like, I could make some more. I don't mind. I didn't know you three were coming." She offers and they freeze, wanting to take her offer, but also not wanting too. Cole opens his mouth to object, wanting her to rest, but she gets up.

"I'll make some more. It's pretty easy and quick." She says and busy herself again. It wasn't long until she came back and got some more for them.

"Want some more Cole? I made some extra." She says as she adds a bit to her plate.

"Yes please." He says and she adds more to his plate from the tray she carried, everything was in its own bowl or on a small plate on the tray.

She grabs his empty cup of coffee, making him more and setting the tray down. "Do you guys want anything to drink?" She asks as she walks in to give Cole his coffee. He wraps an arm around her waist and pulls her closer to him despite sitting. He grabs her hand and kisses it softly.