Chapter twenty six

-Lilith's Point of view-

"LILITH!" Peter yells swinging into my room through the window and landing on my bed. I jump back startled and glare at the boy.

"Must you scare me like that?" I ask annoyed.

"Sorry but I need to tell you something super important!" Peter said practically bouncing with excitement. "MJ and I are dating! After the carnival I gave her a black dahlia and she said yes!" Peter gleamed. I smile at him and tackle him into a hug.

"That's great Peter!" I say ruffling his hair. "Have you told the rest of the team?"

"Not yet, I was hoping to wait awhile" Peter said.

"Okay the Parker, I'm very happy for you." I release him from the hug and get up from my bed. "I'll see you later, I'm going to go convince Tony to get pizza for dinner." I walk out of the room and down the hallway until stop outside Bucky's door. Music was coming from inside the room and the door was left slightly open. I push it open and see Bucky humming to the music softly as he writes in a book.

"Hey there soldier, whatcha doing?" I say knocking on the door. Bucky quickly closes the book and puts it under his pillow. I raise my eyebrow at the nervous man. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, what are you doing here?" Bucky asked trying to be causal.

"I heard music and got curious" I say sitting next to Bucky on his bed. "Excellent taste by the way" the record player on Bucky's desk played 'it's been a long, long time' and I swayed softly to it.

"Can ask you something Lil?" Bucky asked.

"Sure, you can ask me while we dance" I stand up and hold out my hand. Bucky raises his eyebrow and takes my hands standing up from his bed. I put my hand on his shoulder and he puts his hand on my back as our other link. We start to slowly dance to the music. "What did you want to ask?"

"When are you and Loki going to start dating?" Bucky asked straight away. I roll my eyes and scoff at him as he turns me.

"No, Loki and I are friends. He definitely does not like me in that way, and I doubt he ever will, the same goes for me" I say firmly. Bucky gives me an unconvinced grin and let's out a little laugh.

"If he doesn't like you then how do you explain all the flirting?" Bucky asked.

"What? What flirting, Barnes I think you're going crazy" I quipped.

"Oh come on Lilith. The playful banter, hand holding, the teasing, I could go on and on. Not to mention how protective he is over you and how you always somehow end up leaning or on top of each other" Bucky ranted. I try to come back with a witty response, but nothing comes out of my mouth but gibberish.

"We're just good friends Barnes" I say denying everything.

"Okay then what about the ring on your finger that he gave you, you can't deny that's a little romantic" I laugh in disbelief at Bucky as the music continues to play.

"The ring was just something I could fidget with during the press conference to help calm my nerves, that's all" I retorted.

"But you still wear it? It's been at least two months since the press conference, maybe longer."

"Sentiment, it was a kind gesture. I would keep anything a member of the team gave me."

"Fine, what about how he calls you darling?" I roll my eyes at Buck getting annoyed. Why did he keep pushing this idea Loki had a thing for me? It's ridiculous!

"Nick name."

"Darling is a pet name you use for a partner, it's like if I called you doll or love" Bucky kept insisting.

"Yeah well, it's not like that, it's a nickname no matter what you say. Honestly, I think we need to book into a nursing home, your senile old man" I jest.

"Okay, if he doesn't like you maybe you like him" Bucky said slyly giving me a smirk.

"I-"

"Are we interrupting something?" Sam asked from the doorway. Bucky and I stop dancing and the song finishes as we turn to see the whole team standing at the doorway.

"Nope. Bucky was just being delusional and speaking nonsense" I state. "I think he's on drugs" I lean to Tony and whisper 'discretely'.

"It looked like you two were dancing together" Nat said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yes, we were, platonically might I add. I would dance with any of you, Tony come dance with me!" I smile and drag the man over to me and start to dance with him as the song replays. Tony tries but just ends up stepping on my toes. "Okay I change my mind, anyone but Tony."

"Hey! I'm not that bad!" Stark said defensively.

"Tell that to my poor feet" I walk over to Loki and grab his hand. "Come on horns, show me your moves" I put my hand on Loki's shoulder and start to sway with him. His hand goes to my lower back, and we start to dance together.

Slowly the other Avengers start to dance as well. Wanda and Vision, Nat and Bruce and I could have sworn I saw Clint and Pietro dancing around together. Pietro even tried to dip Clint which of course ended terrible. I wheeze as I watch the two try to dance together.

"You're a good dancer darling" Loki said spinning me around and then pulling me back towards him.

"Thank you, I'm flattered you think so" I say sarcastically, "approval from a prince? How lucky am I!" Loki smiles and me and give him a lopsided grin as we sway.

-Sebastian Stan-

Have a great day

~ Lilly <3