Chapter forty four

-Lilith's Point of View-

"You summoned us father?" Thor bowed his head in respect.

"Odin what is all this about?" Frigga had just walked into the room, looking at her husband oblivious. Odin held up his hand to silence her.

"There have been rumours and threats, Thor, that I am to be assassinated and it is believed Lady Lilith is involved" I stare up at the man stunned and bewildered. "One of the maids said she possessed dark magic, an unholy kind, Necromancy. I find it extremely hard to believe that a woman with her abilities isn't here with another motive, especially since she is to court one of my sons. Why am I to believe she isn't using Loki to get to me?"

"Father you must be jesting" Thor laughed looking around the room, but Odin's face didn't change from his serious and deadly expression. "Are you accusing Lilith of treason purely of a suspicion?!"

"Yeah, are you? If you are old man, I have a few words to say to you!" I tear away from Loki's grasp and point at the king. "How dare you accuse me of plotting against the throne and for using Loki! Unlike you I'm not fucking shallow and a manipulator who gaslights every person in my life!" I yell at Odin feeling my whole body fill with rage.

"Odin what has gotten into you!" Frigga scowled her husband who silenced her once again.

"Your majesty we can tell you that Lilith isn't involved in whatever crime you are accusing her of" Wanda assured Odin as she and Nat rushed to my side.

"Is that what you think of me father, what you think of her? You believe no one could truly love me and that all they want is power and to get to you and the throne?" Loki's voice cracked a little. His eyes filled with hurt as he pushed past me to stand in front of Odin. He looked like the last bit of love and respect he had for his adoptive father was gone.

"She has the power to manipulate and control the dead, these threats only started upon your friend's arrival and now all of a sudden she is courting my son! If I die you ascend to the throne Loki, she will become queen because your mind is clouded by a lovesick illusion!" Odin's voice boomed in the throne room. "She's a monster!"

I take a step back, tears threatening to spill from the rage and hurt. I clench my fist so tight my fingernails dig into my skin almost drawing blood. Loki saw this and grasped my hands gently in his while holding my body against his chest.

"You won't take her from me" Loki breathed out. "You can't I won't allow it."

"I'm sorry my son... Guards! Take her to the dungeons and lock her up for suspicion of treason and plotting against the throne." Guards begin to walk towards me ready to arrest me.

Loki pushes me behind him and the other's rush to my side and try to convince Odin otherwise. Frigga and the warriors watched in horror at the chaos. The queen begged her husband to stop and argued back and forth with the stubborn man pleading for this to end.

"Get away from her!" Steve yelled at the guards who shoved him to the side. They grabbed my arms trying to put me into the intricate Asgardian hands cuffs.

"Fucking let me go! Loki!" I yell escaping their grasp and back away from everyone.

"Darling hold on!" Loki said trying to get past a wall of guards which had formed. "Move you witless oafs or I'll have your heads on a stake!"

"Father stop this!" Thor yelled to Odin who sat back and watched fuming.

"Get back!" I scream pulling out my dagger and pointing it at the two guards who tried to pursue me.

Caught by surprise, another comes up behind me and knocks the dagger from my hand. I punch and kick trying to get away from them. I feel tears spill down my cheeks as I fight against the guards trying my best to escape and run. I can't be taken away and locked up, not again I can't. Feeling the fear rise in my chest and terror overtake my mind a wave of emotion hits me. In a last attempt to contain me, one of the men goes to grab a part of my exposed wrist. Instantly he drops to the ground like a stack of bricks.

His skin begins to turn pale and grey and his eyes becoming lifeless. He lies on the ground not moving a muscle, his breathing coming to a halt and his heart stopping in a moment. I gaze down in horror feeling sick to my stomach, what had I done?

"Lilith Avenal you have murdered one of the king's guards, you are no longer under suspicion of treason but being trailed with murder!" Odin spat raising from his throne.

"Odin please stop this!" Frigga shrieked.

"A beacon of death! Wherever she may go death and destructions follows. Take her to the dungeons, you're all forbidden to speak to or see her!" I feel the guards cuff my hands behind my back and lead me away.

I can't find the motivation to move or fight back. My whole body in shock and my mind blank with nothing but guilt and fear. The sounds of faint protest from team and warriors behind me as they continue fighting for my freedom. But it didn't matter now. Odin is right, I am a monster. Wilting a flower is one thing but killing a human being... no, an Asgardian... what would have happened if Loki touched me? Or Tony, Wanda, Nat, Peter, Bruce, any of them! They could have died, and it would have been my fault. All because I can't control my emotions...

After getting dress into the plain prisoner clothes that were thrown at me, I was shoved into a plain white cell. The only interest thing about it being the transparent window which looked out into the dungeon hallway where prison guards walked up and down. Other cells lined the walls, filled with creatures and other prisoners who looked far more menacing than me.

The guards locked my cell and left me to rot. Even if it felt like the world was ending, I still had the faintest bit of hope the team would come for me. They'd convince Odin I wasn't involved and would set me free. They'd see the murder was simply self-defence. I'd see them all again. I might just go home...

"Everything will work out in the end. It had to."

-RDJ-

-RDJ-

Loki Rn ^

~ Lilly <3