Chapter forty eight

-Third Person's Point of View-

Two days until the trial. The Avengers were getting their best Asgardian clothes ready for the upcoming trial in each of their rooms. It was a depressing thing to do but they all had hope everything would turn out ok in the end. If Lilith was seen as innocent, they would all go back to Earth to the tower. They would have her back and maybe Loki would go back to his usual self. But if she was found guilty, well...

Loki lies out his clothes on the dresser and a knock comes from outside his bedroom.

"Who is it? I've already said I didn't want to be disturbed until the trial" Loki growled setting down his dagger on his bedside table roughly.

"It's me" Frigga's sweet voice said lightly. Loki waved his hand and the lock on his door clicked and the door swung open. Frigga stepped inside and looked at her son.

Loki looked paler than usual and as if he hadn't slept since the last time she'd seen him, most likely he hadn't. His hair was a bit messy, and he had dark circles forming under his emerald eyes.

"What is it? Can't you see I'm busy" Loki said not meeting his mother's eyes, trying to occupy himself with straightening out his shirt.

"Loki, you haven't ate or slept for days" Frigga sounded worried and rested her hand on Loki's cheek, turning his head to face her.

"Well the woman I love is rotting in a cell for something that she didn't do or plan to do" Loki said harshly removing his mother's hand from his face.

"Loki your father-" Frigga began as he started to walk away from her.

"He's not my father!" Loki shouted snapping his head to her. He clenched his fists, feeling easily irritated lately from the lack of sleep.

"Then am I not your mother" Frigga said softly. Loki hesitated before answering, he knew this conversation all too well from a few years back. Deciding he wouldn't make the same mistake again he held his mother's hand and his expression softened from the previous rage.

"Of course you are. You raised me and loved me and taught me everything I know, but what did that old fool ever do for me except lie and manipulate me? And they call be the god of lies" Loki scoffed. Frigga looked at her son understandingly, but she knew whatever she said couldn't change the stubborn man's mind.

"I'll see you in two days' time Loki..." Frigga hugged him before leaving swiftly. The god stood speechless expecting the whole 'your father may not show it, but he loves you' speech but it hadn't come.

~~~

Ace and Marshall walked together up to the castle's entrance where guards stood posted with their normal blank expression. Their gold armour glistening in the sunlight, which Marshall actually made for the King and Queen. Of course Ace had some design input which he pestered Marshall with for the whole time he made them.

"We're here to see Frigga, would you care to move and let us past?" Ace said crossing his arms and throwing his scarf over his shoulder. "Ace Lightwood, good friend of the queen and the one who designed that armour you're wearing."

"Oh please you barely had any control over the design" Marshall rolled his eyes and straightened his vest.

"We have had no knowledge that you were to come and see the Queen, Lightwood. Besides, we have strict orders from the King that no visitors are to come into the kingdom."

"It's about the allegations against Lilith Avenal, we must speak with the Queen and King, we have proof she is innocent!" Ace pulled out the recorder, but the guards ignored him.

"As I said before, we have had no knowledge that you were to come and see the Queen, Lightwood. Besides, we have strict orders from the King that no visitors are to come into the kingdom." The two boys glared at the guards and Ace went to create a weapon, but Marshall put a hand on his shoulder to stop him. "If you have evidence regarding the trial against Lilith Avenal then you are to present to the trial which takes place in two days."

"You two need to leave now before we have guards escort you back to your shops" the other guard piped up reading his weapon. Marshall glared at them as he pulled Ace away who was ready to verbally abuse them.

"They are ridiculous!"

"I know but there's nothing we can do without joining Lilith in the dungeons... we just have to wait..."

-Tom Holland-

-Tom Holland-

Most of the images in my camera roll is how I imagine Ace to react to these situations

~ Lilly <3