Chapter 47

Jason's pov

I was on the couch thinking about everything when Andy sat beside me. "You okay?" He asks. I shrug, nervous. Everything has me nervous for some reason. "D-Do you still hate her?" He looks away. "I don't particularly care for her." He says. "If she could learn a little how this world works and yes it's shitty what we have to do but it's the only way we're going to live. We can't help everyone. We have to look out for ourselves. I know you love her but ever since she came into your life, you haven't been able to grow into a real vampire. You're stuck thinking like a human." I wish I was still human. "I... I just don't know what... To do." I shakily say. "I know you say you don't want to live forever but you havent experienced the things I have. Hell in a hundred years, I bet technology will be so evolved, we won't have to hide anymore." I force a smile. "But don't get your hopes up." He says, making me laugh. "So.... What... What was the moon landing like in real time?" He smiles. "I always knew they would make it. That's the one odd thing about humanity. No matter how slim a chance is.... Humans.... Just never give up." Neither will I. I'll keep on having some small percentage of humanity. At least... I hope so. I don't want to be like Andy and not give a damn about other people. "When they jumped from horses to trains and model Ts, I was a little surprised." I've stopped really paying attention to his talk about the past. Now I've started to look to the future. What'll it be like for me in 50 years.... 100.... I'll still look 17. "Jase you sure are contemplating hard." "I will always look like a kid. And I'll never be able to get into a bar without a fake ID!" He laughs. "Seriously... I... Wait! You're serious?" Now I'm confused. "What?" "You don't know vamps can change their appearance at will?" I stare at him shocked. "What?!" I gape. "Yeah duh I figured you knew since you changed your appearance to not look 12." I didn't even think about it. "I just knew I was older. I don't know. I certainly didn't do anything." He laughs. "Maybe you didnt realize you did but I guess your subconscious was like I'm older, I should look it. I ain't 12 anymore." I can't help but laugh. "How'd I not realize." He laughs then right before my eyes, he makes himself look super old. I scream in surprise. "What the hell? That's so weird!" I guess George forgot to drop that little tidbit of information." He says, turning back into himself. I nod slowly. "What's life gonna look like in a hundred years?" He smiles. "Only time will tell.

*a few hundred years later*

I gotta say. I'm glad I didn't die that day. I swear time passes so much faster these days. "The funniest thing even though I've lived for three centuries, everyone I know is still older than me. Other than of course my wonderful amazing wife." She laughs. "Oh stop, Jason!" She gasps, holding my hand. "Hey aren't you forgetting someone?" Andy says, crossing his arms. "Several someones honey." Miranda says as our darling children run over. "Yeah dad, we're younger than you!" I laugh. "Thankfully I have that under my belt." "Victoria, James, did you do your chores?" Miranda says, crossing her arms. "It was his turn!!" Victoria says, pointing at her younger brother. "Nuh uh!" The eight year old childishly remarks. "How about both of you clean the bathroom if you're going to fight over who gets to!" Miranda says. "Aw but mom!" They both shout. "Don't but mom me, you two! Now march!" They laugh as she chases them to the bathroom.  I can't help but smile. There's so much I would be missing out from if I had died all those years ago. I am glad that law about giving kids up was revoked too. To be honest, it was more detrimental than anything. Now they know what to expect. And we don't have to kill anymore. Andy was right. Surprisingly. Vampires are now just another minority to add to the population. Artificial blood is so much better for the environment anyway. No dead bodies to hide anymore. "Hey bro." I say, slinging an arm around my 1600 year old brother's shoulders. "Thanks for being there for me all these years." He laughs softly. "Oh don't get all mushy on me, Jason." "YOU'RE RIGHT!! THAT'S MY JOB!" Star energetically shouts hugging us both. Jamie laughs behind her. "Aunt Jamie!" I hear Victoria shout before excitedly running over and hugging her favorite aunt. "Get over here love bug!" She says, spinning her around, making her laugh. "Gosh I can't wait to get fangs like you, Aunt Jamie!" I smile. I love my life so much.

THE END