Chapter 20

Jason's pov

"Why do I have to bite her?" "She bites you and you bite her." Ty says. I'm so confused. "Well the ceremony is like you mingle your blood with each other." "But I thought when she turned.... All her blood-" "Her human blood was expelled and replaced with vampire blood." I hear George say. I spun around caught off guard. "Where have you been?" "That doesn't concern you. There are many things you don't know about what you are saying you want." "Like?" "For instance, if one of you dies, the other will die too." Wow. Sure didn't expect that. "What else?" "You'll detest the thought of somebody else being with you." I glance at her. "I already don't want anyone else touching me." She says smiling at me confidently. "Are you sure you want to go through with this?" Star asks, concerned. "I don't like the idea of having to bite her. It gives me the chills." I mumble. "But other than that, you betcha." My friends laugh. "Ok we commence the ceremony at dawn!" George exclaims. 

*later*

I can't sleep. I stare at the ceiling and when I look over so is she. "Can't sleep either?" I ask. She nods. "Are.... Do you wanna do this?" "Yeah. I mean, it's just one bite. How bad can it be?" "But Miranda we're only 17!" "Who cares?" She gasps, sitting up. "We're never gonna see our parents again. We're never gonna die. Why does it matter what age?" I sigh. "I don't know. I've just got a bad feeling. Remember George said if one of us die, we both die." "That'd be okay with me." She looks down at me, tears in her eyes. "I can't live without you, Jason." I fight back my own tears and hug her. "Me neither." "I'm serious." She says sitting up. "I tried once. And it hurt like hell those several years. I lost a piece of me when I lost you. You are my everything. I can't bear to go through it again." I sit up, shocked by her words. "You'll never have to." I say kissing her softly. "You promise?" She whimpers, burying her face in my shirt. "I promise." I whisper, hugging her tight and running a hand through her hair.

*Dawn*

"Why at Dawn?" I ask Jamie. "It's tradition." "Have you ever gotten married?" She laughs. "If I did, don't you think he'd be around." "Oh... Right." I mumble, turning red. She laughs softly and hugs me "It's okay. You're nervous. It makes sense. Pretty funny the youngest in our family gets married before the eldest." Star was getting her ready. I couldn't stop staring at her. "I can't help it. I've loved her since I was a kid. It kills me to think about losing her." I whisper, remembering last night's heartfelt conversation. "And Jason don't worry about the whole biting part. You know how humans kiss when the preacher says you may now kiss the bride?" I nod worried. "That's basically what it is. Only for vampires it isn't a kiss. It's a bite... A love bite." I'm still nervous. "Will it hurt?" "I don't know. I've never had it happen to me before. I've heard though it's actually quite pleasurable. Don't worry." I feel her use her power to calm my nerves. I send a silent telepathic thank you and she nods with a smile. George walked over. We were under a big elm tree. The sunrise is beautiful. "Ready?" I nod.

Miranda's pov

"You look beautiful." Star says.  I smile. "Thanks." I glance over to Jason. He was talking to George and Jamie. He laughed at something.  I can't stop thinking about him. He's everything to me. "Go girl." Star says, a hand on my back. Andy held an arm out. Wow. Tears fill my eyes. "Thanks." I say, putting my arm through his. "Human traditions are strange but I respect them." He says, smiling. "You are breathtaking. Jason sure is a lucky man." "Thanks Andy. I'm glad he has you for a best friend." He smiles proudly and walks me down the aisle. Jason smiles when I reach it. He holds my hands. George says a bunch of stuff. "It is time." He then says. I've been dreading this part. "Let's get it over with." I say, moving my hair to the side, closing my eyes. I feel his arms around my waist. 

Jason's pov

Ok. Here goes nothing. I bite into her throat and she sighs. I hope she's okay and Jamie was right. "And now you." She stares at me smiling. "I love you." She whispers, biting me. And Jamie was right. It was a pleasurable feeling.

Miranda's pov

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." George says. He hugs me tight. "You're mine for all eternity now, baby." He says. I smile gladly. "You're the only one for me." I whisper back. 

*later*

Jason was playing his guitar. "God knows that I'm a product of George Strait and dammit I love singin' to you. I'd a check yes and gave my mama's ring to you. Ain't nobody beside her, my arms ain't any wider, Baby, I'm a.... Baby I'm a.... Baby I'm a lifer!" I clap. "That song is awesome." He smiles. "I've had alot of time to write." "Wow. How many?" "Tons." He says then chuckles softly. "Will you play me another?" "Of course." He smiles and kisses me. "And we've got forever to listen to them all." I smile. "Forever's a long time." I say. "Ain't I lucky." He says, strumming.