Chapter 42

Miranda's pov

We go to the old cabin George took me to when I first started craving blood. "I doubt anyone will come here." Jason says, turning on a lamp. "Your family is going to be worried Jason." I say nervous. "I told you I don't care." He says, not looking at me. "I know you're lying. And you know I know so why bother lying?!" "I won't lose you again, dammit! I won't!" He shouts, his eyes turning red again. I shakily step back. "J-Jason y-your eyes." I whimper pointing. "My..." He looks in the mirror with a shocked expression. "It's not what you think!" He gasps. "How do I know that?!" I cry, backing up. He sighs. "I can't turn dark anymore." He says, walking over to me. "I'm sorry I'm so scared." I shakily say as he knees beside me and hugs me. He was about to say something then froze up staring wide eyed ahead. He looked annoyed then shook his head and shut his eyes. "What was that?" I gape confused. "Jamie and Andy. Telepathically talking to me. Trying to get me to come home." He says, sitting down beside me. "I won't leave you Miranda." I sigh. "You should." "Why?!" He gapes looking annoyed. "I've caused nothing but trouble for you!" "That's not true!" He says hugging me. "You were the one to keep me going. You can make me laugh when I feel like crying. I... I'd rather be dead than without you." I felt tears roll down my face. "I'm so tired Jason. I'm just.... So tired." He hugs me tight. "Me too, Mir." He shakily whispers. I couldn't keep from crying.

Jason's pov

Why are we still running? Why do we even have to keep fighting? What's the point in living? This isn't even a life I'm happy living. "Babe?" I shakily whisper. She wiped her eyes and looked up at me. I hug her tight and kiss her forehead. "What if... We go out on our own terms?" I shakily say. "Huh? What do y-you mean?" "I don't want to live like this anymore. You hate being a vampire and... And so do I. So let's just kill ourselves. No more fear or pain or suffering. It'll be over...... And we'll be together." "I'm scared." She whimpers. "It will be painless. I'll m-make sure of it." I shakily say, standing up. "What... Where are you-" my hands were shaking as I pull a pistol out of the desk. ""I'll g-get to s-see my adoptive parents again. I... You'll be free. I'm so tired of seeing you in pain and scared." I hold her hands. "One quick shot to the head. I promise, it'll be painless." I wiped the tears from her beautiful face. "Promise I'll see you when I open my eyes? Wherever it is... That we're going?" I force a scared smile and nod. "Of course angel." I kiss her forehead and back up a few steps. "Goodbye. I love you." "It's not goodbye. I'll be with you. I promise." I say, pointing the weapon. My hands are shaking severely. I force myself to focus. I have to hit it right to avoid pain. "I love you baby." I whisper pulling the trigger. The sound is almost deafening. But she falls to the ground almost silently. I did it. I killed her. It was painless. God I hope it was painless. I shakily put the gun to my head. "I found him!" A voice suddenly yelled from behind me. "Huh?" I gape spinning around. My birth father. "What the heck?!" I gape. "What did you do?!" He gasps surprised. The door burst open and I saw George and Andy. "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!" Andy yelps jaw dropped. I shakily back up. "W-Wait no!" I gasp, putting the gun back to my head but Andy tackled me. "No!! Let me go! Let me die! Let me be with her!?!" "What's going on, Jason? Did you kill her?!" He held my hands down. "Please Andy let me go. Let me die. I don't want to live like this anymore." Jamie ran in. "Oh thank goodness!" She cried then her shocked expression told me she saw Miranda's body. "Please!" I beg crying, forcing myself to look away from my dead wife. "Let me go!" "We won't let you kill yourself." Andy says, forcing me to stand as my father takes the gun. "No! No! I promised... I promised I'd be...  Let me go! You have to! She... She's waiting for me!" I shout desperate. "I promised!! Let go of me!" Dad takes us back to the house. No!!! She's dead and I'm still alive?! This can't be happening!! "I'm shocked you had the guts to do it." Andy says now holding her dead body. Horror fills me. "It's not guts!! I was going to kill myself. I'm tired of fighting. We both are! Let me die, Andy!!!" I yell desperately. "You need help man. You'll get better. You'll see." No. I can't believe this! I killed her. And I'm still alive. I need to be dead with her!!! But Andy won't let me! NOOOOO!!!