Chapter 39

Jason's pov

I stumble to my feet, really shaken up. Why am I so fucked up?! What the hell is wrong with me?! The door suddenly opens catching me off guard. Jamie and Andy. "Hey bud, how're ya feeling?" I glare at him. "Where is she?" He sighs, looking annoyed. "She left. She's not coming back so get it outta your head." I put a hand against the wall to keep my footing. "You can't keep me locked up here." "Bro, you aren't locked up. You're just not gonna be with someone who messes with your head." Ugh. I'm so mad. And tired. And dizzy. "She didn't do anything. She.... Reminded me how to have a little humanity. Leaving that girl to die... We shoulda-" "Jason you know we couldn't. It's a dog eat dog world out there. Hell you're lucky we let her stay as long as we did." Andy snaps, crossing his arms. "She just... She doesn't belong with us." Jamie says, walking over. "Don't you dare try to change my emotions." I say pointing at her. She freezes, startled. "Jason we care about you and want what's best for you." She says. I sit down, winded. She sits beside me. Andy looks pissed still. "In this world, it's kill or be killed." He mutters walking out and slamming the door. Jamie sighs, laying her head on her knees which are pulled to her chest. "Andy's right ya know. She's only dragging you down." "I don't care. I love her." I shakily say, glaring at the ground. Scared but furious at the same time. "Hold on just a little while longer. Everything will be alright." She says hugging me. I sigh.

*A few hours later*

I finally have the strength to leave that room. I have to go after her. I have to know she's okay. Everyone is looking at me. "What?" I gape confused. They awkwardly look away. "We're just worried about you." Star says, walking over. "I'm fine. You don't gotta be." I say, trying to keep the annoyance out of my voice as I walk outside. "Please tell me you're not going after her." Andy says, leaning against the wall. I glare at him and cross my arms. "So what if I am?" "We all need to lay low right now after the hospital incident." He says, flicking a pocket knife open and closed repeatedly. "Whatever. I need to-" "People will try to capture you!" He snaps, throwing it at the ground. It implants into the dirt. "Yeah yeah. It's not like we haven't had the risk of hunters hanging over our heads constantly. What's the damn difference." He clenched his fists annoyed. "God you're so hardheaded and selfish! You're going to get people killed!! Because we'll have to come save your stupid ass." "I don't need your help, Andy. I can take care of myself!" He rolls his eyes. "Yeah right. I can't even count how many times I've had to bail you out." Ugh. "Enough of this BS." I mutter, speedrunning to town. Now where could she be?