Chapter 9

Miranda's pov

I'm a monster. I've killed people now. "I dread going back." I whisper, laying tiredly on his shoulder. "We're not going back." "What? Why not?" "Because George will be so mad at me." He says. We were driving somewhere. "Where are we going?" He doesn't respond. I'm so tired. Just as I started to drift off, we park. "Where are we?" The house is familiar. "Jason?" I whimper shakily grabbing his arm. "No!" "I'm fine." He says, walking up to the door and picking the lock. "No. You can't! They're your parents!" "No they're not." He gets the door open. "Y-You're not gonna kill them are you?" "Will you be quiet?" We were in the living room and my body tenses when the light flicks on. "Shit." He whispers. He grabs my arm as they walk out. His dad squinting. "Holy shit!!! Jason! Is that you?" He asks, blinking. "Dammit. Now what!?" He gasps worried. "Stay here. Don't go near them." "Why not?" I gasp, struggling to control the ache in my body. "Your blood lust isn't under control yet. You'll end up killing them." "You care?" "Of course I... Never mind." His dad walks over but we step back. "Dad... I.. You need to stay back." "Where have you been? What's going on?!" He presses his hand to his head, his teeth grit. "Stop talking, dad." He chokes out. "Jas-" I start when suddenly his red eyes flash open. "No!" I cry grabbing his shirt. He spins around, seeing my face and instant fear takes over his. "We have to go." He says, using speed to get us out of there. We're overlooking a bridge when he stops to catch his breath. "How many people... Did you kill at the park?" He asks, breathless, his hands clamped around the bars and I realize it's the same bridge Andy kidnapped me from. "Six." I whimper shakily. "I killed six people." He turns around. "You're supposed to do that. It's okay." I glare at him. "No you're supposed to do that. Not me." I say, pulling the neck of my sweater down to reveal the bite marks Andy gave me. I stare into his dark emerald eyes. The only thing different is his ragged breathing. "Jason.... I'm a..... I'm a vampire." He looks away. "I'm sorry." He whispers. "I.... You're right... I was... Being selfish... But... I m-missed you those s-six years and then.... Seeing you again... I just.... I couldn't-" I cut his rambling off with a kiss. I put my hands on his cheeks, feeling the tears there, his arms slowly wrap around me. I can feel the shock in his body language. When we break the kiss, I can't catch my breath. He stares at me in shock. "Y-You kissed m-me." He whispers. I smile tiredly. "Yeah I guess I did. Didn't I?" He smiles. "You kissed me." He repeats. He moves his hands to my cheeks. He wipes the tears from my eyes and brings my face to his. I close my eyes as we kiss again. It's the most invigorating feeling I've ever felt. My legs feel weak and my fingers tangle in his long dark hair. "I love you Jason Aldine Williams." I whisper against his lips. "It's.... Just Jason to you, sugar." He whispers back. I laugh softly, suddenly exhausted. He holds me tight. "I should get you laid down. You're gonna be pretty weak the next couple days as your powers come in." He never said he loved me back. He smiles. "I do love you back. I've loved you since we were kids on the playground at school." He must've read my mind. "Sure did sweetheart." I blush. He smiles. "Let's get you home." We head back home. Thankfully George isn't back yet. Jason's gonna have hell to pay when he does get back. "Shit. I never changed George back. He's gonna be doubly pissed." He whispers, then closes his eyes. "Tomorrow prepare for a lecture." "Why would I-" "Me. But there's no way I'm letting you out of my sight." He smiles. "I love you so much Miranda." I smile. "I love you too Jason." He chuckles softly. "You're gettin' the hang of the whole mind reading thing." "Oh shut up and kiss me, country boy." I whisper sitting up lightning quick, grabbing his shirt and pressing my lips to his. I feel his fangs against my lip. He retracts them slightly. I haven't figured out how to do that. I'm sure he'll teach me. He slips his hand up my shirt, shivers going down my side. I giggle softly enjoying the feel of his touch. "I'm so glad Andy found you." He whispers, pushing me into a laying position. I stare up at him happily. "Take off your shirt." I say, biting my lip. He smiles and slowly unbuttons it. Whoa. I sit up and grab his shoulders, pulling him down to me where we share another passionate kiss.