Chapter 40

Miranda's pov

Luca was helping Fae control her ice powers. "Great job!" I cheer from the sidelines but inside I'm sad and scared and worried for Jason. I hope he's doing okay. Fae was trying to catch her breath. "That was invigorating!" She shouts, jumping into the air, creating ice particles around her which made me and Luca laugh. "Let's head down to the bar to celebrate!" We were walking there. Luca hugged me sideways. It still doesn't feel right. I mean Luca is a great guy and all but.... My heart yearns for Jason. "You alright?" He asks. I sigh. "Just kinda sad about everything." We get to the bar but all I could think about was my worries. I sigh and sit on the long red satin couch with Fae. Luca goes to get us 'drinks'. I hate being a vampire. "You!" I hear an angry but familiar voice growl. Shit. Jason slams Luca against the bar and he drops the drinks. "I don't know why you-" "Shut up!" He growls, slamming him harder. "You're the fucker I saw in that vision screwing my girl! Where the hell is she?!" Crap! I was about to walk over there when Far grabbed my arm scared. She's timid by nature. "What do we do?" She whimpers. He suddenly lights Luca's jacket on fire. "Shit!" He shouts caught off guard. "Stop!" I cry. Fae runs over and shoots them both. I run over and stand in between them. "Jason stop. Go home!" "Not without you." He growls grabbing my wrist. "I can't!" I say, trying to pull free. Luca punched him and grabbed me and Fae then teleported us home. "I'm assuming that's Jason." He says. I nod. "I'm so sorry!" I say hugging him. He sighs. "We gotta do something about him."