Chapter 24

Jason's pov

I sigh sadly and kiss her forehead. Not even she can come with me. In fact, especially not her. I don't want to hurt her. I take a deep breath and write them all a note. "Don't hate George, he's right." I whisper, taping it to the from door. I walk out and stare at the house I've called a home for six years. Tears force their way out of my eyes. "I vow never to return here." I whisper.

Miranda's pov

*the next day*

I wake up and feel on the bed for my beloved husband but he's not there. Worry settles into me then Star yells guys! Only worsening my fear. I run out. She had a note in her hand. Everybody gathers around. "Dear family, George is right about everything. I'm a danger to you all but most of all I'm a danger to the girl I love. I won't take the chance of hurting you guys again. I don't know how to control my dark side so please don't try to find me. Andy, you were always my best friend and you always will be. You know for to make a terrified Georgia boy feel welcome and please for the love of God take care of her. Don't let anything else happen to her. She didn't deserve what happened to her. She didn't deserve this torturous life. What she does deserve is a man who can protect her, I know you can, Andy. Jamie, you'll always be a sister to me. And brothers protect their sisters at all costs. I'm doing this to protect you. Star, don't ever stop being your bubbly energetic self. You give light to this otherwise dark world. Ty, keep on fighting, brother. You kick ass. Dave, we may not have talked much... Wait.. You hardly ever talked. Whatever. Raven, I barely knew you. You're so secretive and smart but when push comes to shove you were there when I needed you. You're an amazing girl. And Miranda, oh my sweet Miranda. There's nobody on this earth I will ever love more. You're so unique. I can't think of anybody who is more worthy of living forever. You deserve only the best. I will never stop loving you, no matter how long I live. And George, thank you for everything. You taught me everything I needed to know and then some. I'm so lucky to have had such a kindhearted teacher. I will forever be indebted to you. And guys don't be sad. We're vampires. We live forever. I won't let myself die. Maybe once I learn to control whatever the fuck this is, I'll see you all again. But not until then. I will not hurt the people I call family. Forever and always, Jason Aldean." Star read the whole thing out loud. By the time she was done, there wasn't a dry eye in the place. Raven and Jamie hugged me. I can't believe he's gone. I broke down and cried on the living room floor. I try to sense him. "I can't sense anything." I whisper. George sighs. "He's blocked communications with you to protect you." He says, putting a hand on my shoulder. "He can do that?" He nods. "It's possible, just very rare." I look up at George. He looks down at me with the most sympathetic look on his face. He hugs me and I cry for hours.