Chapter 3

Jason's pov

Finally everyone is here. Raven closes the blinds. Miranda is completely terrified and shaken. I wish she would believe me. They won't hurt her. "Hey guys sorry about the hectic shit yesterday." "Ya better have a good reason for making feeding later." Andy gripes, glaring at her. Miranda clamps a hand on my arm fearfully. "Stop it." I hiss. He rolls his eyes and stops glaring at her. "Hey stop it! It's been decades since you've found a loved one, it's only been a few years for Jason!" Star says, cheerily, embarrassing the shit out of me. I sigh and scrunch my eyes. "Thank you Star. Please sit down." I grab her shoulder gently. "Anyway honey, these guys are my family. There's Dave, Andy, Raven, Star, Tyrrell, Jamie, and George." I say pointing to each of them. "Guys this is Miranda." She waved nervously. Star, obviously her overly happy self grabs her hand. "Ya wanna come see my room. We could paint each other's nails." Um! "Uh.... I'm good. I'm a tomboy. I don't do make up or none of that stuff." "Oh. Oh well. We could watch movies." "Honey go with Star trust me. She knows what she's doing." She shoots me a pleading look. "You're fine." I say. She sighs and goes with her. "So what's your plan, man?" George asks, looking worried. He's the oldest of us all. "I don't have one right now." I say, sitting down, physically and mentally exhausted. "Well ya gotta turn her!" Jamie says, glancing around at everyone else. The rest of them nod. "Either turn her or kill her." Raven mutters, laying back against the couch. "I will not kill her." I say irritated. Jamie walks over and sits beside me. She's always been like a sister to me. "Jason, you've got to turn her. Or it'll kill you as you watch her grow old and die." My breath catches. "She's right, man." Andy says. "I... But.... She won't want to be a vampire. Can't we just let her go home?" "No way! Too dangerous!" George says glaring at me. I knew we couldn't but it was worth a shot. "I can't turn her. I can't!" I shakily stand up, pacing back and forth. "She'll hate me if I do!" "Why?" "Cause I told her she'd be safe." "She will be. It'll hurt like hell but after she'll be fine." Jamie says, gently squeezing my shoulder. "I don't think I can do it guys." "Do you want one of us to?" I shake my head instantly. I know they're right. I've got to. Otherwise she'll keep on aging. I'll have to watch her slowly die and I can't do that. "I can't lose her again." I whisper, thinking it over. Ty walks over, making me stop pacing. "We're telling you this because we care about you." I sigh deeply. They're right. About everything. "What ya gonna do, Jase?" Andy asks, a concerned look now on his face. I take a deep breath, hating myself. "I'm gonna turn her. I can't bare to lose her again. I'm gonna turn her." "It's for the best, Jason." Jamie says hugging me. "Thanks guys." "Hey what would we be if we didn't help family?" I smile. "Just a bunch of pale bloodsuckers living in the same house. A giant orgy I'd say." Andy jokes standing up. I laugh as he walks over. "God you're dirtyminded." Jamie says, crossing her arms. "Don't you corrupt my Jason!" My face turns red. "Jamie!" Andy laughs. "Aww you poor baby! Don't wanna make mommy mad!" He says pinching my cheek. I glare at him. "Shut up, butthead." "I think your girlfriend's buttbreath insult was better." Gah!!! "We aren't... She's not.... We're not a couple!" Not yet anyway but I want us to be. "Sure dude." He says shaking his head. "We're not!" I whine. They all laugh. I'm so embarrassed.  "God I hate being the youngest." Jamie hugs me again. "Leave him alone Andy." Ugh. She can be annoying but I love her. "Love you sis." "I love you too." I dread having to turn Miranda. I hope she doesn't hate me.