Chapter 6

Jason's pov

*a few weeks later*

I wake up to a startled cry. "I... I.... I have fangs." I sigh. "It's normal honey." "It's normal for you! Not for me! I didn't ask for this!!!" "None of us did! I didn't ask for it either but it's what the fuck happened so you can spend eternity hating me or you can forgive me and move on!" She glares devil eyes at me. "You're not the same boy I knew. He never woulda-" "No I'm not the same person. Okay? I'm different!" I stomp out annoyed. "You alright?" Andy asks, sharpening a knife. "No. That stubborn girl is being bitchy." He laughs. "You've got a weird taste in women." I glare at him. "I told you we aren't dating!" "But you want to be." He says pointing the knife at me. I decide to ignore the comment. "What are you doing?" "I'm gonna go hunting. I'm hungry." I glance back down the hall. "Mind if I go with you? I need to get out of here." He sighs. "I warned you buddy." "I feel bad leaving her." "How do you think I feel? I turned her. I haven't turned someone in over a thousand years!" "Did you even do it right?" He laughs. "You can't do it wrong. You just bite someone without completely draining them." I sigh and sit down, my head in my hands. "I've still got so much to learn." He pats my back. "Just hope you don't ever have to turn anyone. It's a really guilty feeling." "You bit her but she blames me." "Let's roll bro."

Miranda's pov

The red hot pain that blinds me sears through me. The door opens and closes. I can barely make out a guy with a beard and glasses, his hands in his pockets. He bends down beside the bed and puts his hands on my head. Cool relief shudders through me. I sigh in contentment. He smiles. "That should help some of your pain." I nod slowly. "Don't be mad at Jason. It was a unonimous decision. We couldn't release you. The next best thing was turning you." "I don't give a damn. You shouldn't have done that without my consent. I'd rather have just died!" "That was the other option but Jason wouldn't allow it." I glare at the ceiling, tears in my eyes. "How'd... You stop... The pain?" "Every vampire has a specific power. I have healing powers. Unfortunately I can't take away all the pain but I can subside it some." "What about everyone else?" "Andy has super strength. Jamie can change people's emotions. Look it doesn't matter, they rarely use their powers." "What's... Jason's power?" "He can change the weight of objects." Whoa. Cool. I wonder what my power will be. 

Jason's pov

Jamie asks where I went. "I just hung out with Andy in town." She crosses her arms. "Shouldn't you be-" "Look Jamie you aren't my mother. So stop grilling me like you are!" I snap annoyed. "I've been stressed. I had to get away." "Did you feed, Jason?" I sigh and nod. "You can't get mad at me for it. It's something we are really supposed to do everyday!" "We have a system. The others are gonna smell you and Andy and wonder!" "Let them wonder. I don't give a fuck!" 

Miranda's pov

I hear Jason's voice. "Can you-" "I've already called him through his mind." "Oh... When can.... I start... Doing that stuff?" "It varies. Usually at least three weeks after you fully get through the changing." Jason runs through the door breathless and wide eyed. "What's wrong?! What happened?! Is she okay?!" "She's getting there. She just wanted you." He smiles weakly. His eyes look glazed over. I wonder why. George leaves and he sits beside me. "So weight shifting?" His eyes go wide. "How'd you... George." I nod and force a weak smile. "What else can we do?" "We've also all got super speed but I'm sure you knew that." "Everyone knows that." I joke. He sits beside me in the bed. "Everything hurts." "George helped some right?" I nod. "I'm scared.. I don't... I don't want to hurt people." "None of us do honey." He says sighing. "Why are your eyes-" "Nothing." He interrupts. "Jason?" "I went out and fed okay?" he says aggravated. "It leaves your eyes glazed and you feel stronger for a little bit." I sigh. "I'm not mad at you." He stiffens in surprise. "You're not?" "I've thought it through and roles reversed, I probably would've done the same thing." He smiles tiredly. "That makes me feel a million times better. I thought you'd hate me forever." I shake my head and struggle to sit up. He helps me. I'm all out of breath. "What about my mom?" He sighs. "Just like me, honey, you've got to forget about them." "I've got a burning question." "Fire away." "Why'd you believe your dad. I mean didn't stranger danger ever register?" He sighs. "It's impossible to explain, Miranda. He.... I got a feeling from him. It's a vamp thing." He says. "I don't get it." "Like I said it's really hard to explain. It's just a thing I felt when I met him. I can't explain it." I lay my head on his shoulder. "I'm so tired." "Get some sleep honey. Tomorrow your craving for blood kicks in and it's gonna suck." I laugh softly closing my eyes. "No pun intended." He laughs hysterically. "Good one babe." Wait... Did he just call me babe? I'm too tired to think on it long enough to ask as I fall asleep.