Chapter 35

Miranda's pov

I don't care. I can't just leave her out there like that. I go back to the place we left her. But she was gone. There was police tape. Oh crud. I speed run back home. "We've got a problem!" "What?" Jamie gasps from her spot on trhe couch. "Where's Jason?" "Out back." I run out there with Jamie and Star behind me. George was out here along with Andy. They were sparring. "Guys that girl! She was taken by police!" I say, running in between them. "So what about it?" Andy asks. "She's going to turn. I'm sure they took her to a hospital. She'll end up killing people!" "Not our problem princess." Andy responds, dodging an attack. Jason rolls his eyes at the princess comment. "I know ya want to help but it's better if we stay out of it." He says, walking over to me. "How is that better for anybody?!" I shout annoyed. He shrugs. "It just is. We don't need to interfere and they start questioning us." I clench my fists. "Fine. I'll go myself!" "Miranda you can't! If the cops get led back here, shit will hit the fan." I'm furious. "I didn't expect you to be so heartless, Jason!" I shout. "He's right." Andy says. "Look kid, you're still pretty new to all this. Going after her is only gonna cause problems for us. It isn't worth it." Andy is such a know it all prick. "Fuck you." I gripe, walking to the house. But Andy grabs my arm. "You aren't going after them are you?" "You can't stop me." I gripe, trying to pull free but of course I can't. "It isn't safe. Not for you, or her, or us!" I punch him in the gut. He wasn't expecting that and released me. I walked back inside slamming the door.

Jason's pov

"Do not allow her to go." George says, crossing his arms. "Ugh I hate how you all think I can control her. She's as stubborn as a mule!" I mutter, stomping inside after her. "She's in your room." Jamie says, pointing. I nod and open the door. She was fuming. I sigh and sit beside her. "I won't be responsible for her killing people." "You can't stop her. There's nothing we can do." "We could help her!" "That isn't how this works. You can't just invite random people to stay here. It's dangerous!" "What're you gonna do? Tie me to the bed?" She gripes, standing up and crossing her arms. "Don't pursue this. It isn't worth it." "What do you know about worth?! I wasn't worth it enough to stay? Your parents weren't worth it enough!? Huh? You don't know shit!" Ok. That's a step in the wrong direction. "You don't know any fucking thing. I've lived this life longer than you. You can't attract unnecessary attention to yourself!" "I wish you would've just let me die. It's be better than learning what you've become!" She yells, stomping out the door. Hotheaded bitch. "You don't know what you're doing!" I shout, running after her. But she had gone invisible. "Stop this!! You're acting crazy!" I gripe. The front door closes. I quickly run after her but with her being invisible I have no clue where she is. "Um a little help here?!" I shout frustrated.

Miranda's pov

I can't believe him. How could he be so heartless. I put on a ball cap and head into town. Man it's weird walking through town now. I don't know why. I head to the hospital. I turn invisible to find her unquestionably. She was crying and in pain. I could tell. I closed the door and turned visible again. "W-Who... What's going on?" "You were bitten by a vampire. Don't worry I'll get you someplace safe." "It hurts so much." She whimpers. "I'm sorry. I know your pain. I was changed against my will too." I say bitterly thinking of Jason. "What are we going to do?" "Miss you can't take her out of the hospital." I jump slightly at the new voice. "She has an unknown possibly contagious illness." "I know what's wrong. I can take care of her." The door opens wider, revealing a couple cops. Shit. "Are you behind what happened?" "No! Of course not!" I say, nervous. Suddenly the fire alarm goes off. What the? The cops run to figure out this mess. "Stay here. The police need to ask you some questions. The nurse shuts the door and Raven fuses through the wall with Andy. "What the?! What're you doing here?" I gripe crossing my arms. "Saving your dumb ass." He mutters, grabbing my arm. The woman falls to the ground surprised. "Wait! We can't leave her!" He rolls his eyes. "Let's go Raven." I can't break free. "Wait! Please!" The girl says, scared. Andy angrily pulls out a gun!! "NO!" I cry horrified. He shoots her in the head. She screams in agony as the silver bullet burns her brain. "YOU MONSTER!!" I yell. Raven looked shaken. "Let's go already." He mutters. She phazes us through the wall. Andy throws me into a van. Jamie hugged me and I instantly felt calmer. I pulled free knowing what she was doing. "Knock it off!" Jason jumped in. "Floor it." He says. Ty presses the gas and we fly out of there. "I hate you!!" I yell punching Andy's shoulder! "YOU JUST KILLED HER!!!" He shoves me back into Jason's arms. "Hey lay off." My husband gripes. I pull free ticked at them all. We get back home and I angrily go to my room and slam the door as hard as I could.

Jason's pov

"Our faces are going to be all over the news now!" Andy mutters pacing. "That was so stupid!" I am so worried. "What does this mean for us?" "It means we'll have to go into hiding. It'll be harder to find victims! All because of that stupid-" "Andy watch what you say." I gripe annoyed. "Why does she have to act like she knows everything. She doesn't know anything when it comes to being a vamp. She's just not cut out for it." George calls a house meeting. "But what about-" "Not including her." Oh shit. "We have to have a vote. But it's in the best interest of this family." Oh no. No this can't be happening!! "No! George please ya can't!! We... I...." "I'm sorry Jason. It's for the best. All in favor of removing her, raise your hand." I'm shocked and horrified to see the majority of the people I called family agree to kick her out. "What she did was careless and reckless for someone she didn't even know. Now we'll be hunted!" Andy says, crossing his arms. "J-Jamie... N-Not you too!" "I'm sorry but the welfare of my family matters more to me." She says putting her hands on my shoulders. "Please understand." I feel a sense of calm. I pull free. "STOP TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!" "It's majority rules, Jason." George says, talking his glasses off and putting them in his chest pocket. I shakily step back. "Where's she even gonna go?!" "Not our problem." He says. I'm pissed. "You guys!!" "I'll tell her." Andy mutters walking towards our room. I grab his arm and he slams me into the wall. "Look I know it ain't easy but she can't stay. Not at the risk of everyone else!!" He yells, his eyes glowing red. Damn I've never seen him so mad. He finishes walking to our room and I'm too scared to stop him.