Chapter 34

Miranda's pov

Me and Jason took a walk just for the hell of it. He's pretty torn up and confused. And I hate that I can't help him. We stop at a river on a bridge. The moon reflected off it and I realized. "Jason this is where Andy found me." I whisper, resting my hands on the metal. He stayed silent, looking at the water. "You okay?" He shrugs. We keep walking then hear laughter. "Come on man. Give someone else a turn!" What the? That voice gives me the creeps. Suddenly it goes dead silent. Which chills me to the bone. Then someone grabs my arm from behind and pulls me back. Jason screams my name enraged. "LET HER GO!!" He yells, his hands lighting up with flames. The man drops me to the ground and I realize he's a vampire too. "Oh you're a vamp." He says, eyeing my husband. He looks down at me and I'm terrified. I turn invisible and crawl away as quickly as I can. Jason holds onto me tightly. "Look man we don't want any trouble." "Oh no trouble at all, comrade." He says, closing the distance. "We're all pals here aren't we?" We're both scared. There's something off with this guy. "He's corrupted by the darkness." Jason says in my head. Instantly my fear is hyked up ten fold. "What's he going to do to us." He was standing a few feet away but his arm shot into the surrounding trees and pulled out a woman. He's got stretching powers. The woman was extremely dazed and bleeding from her neck. "What do you want from us?" Jason asks, holding tight to me. He drops the woman at my feet. I scream and bury my head in his chest. "What the heck do you want?!" "You must not know." He says smirking. "When a vampire drinks another vampire's blood.... It's like a drug." Oh no. "I know that. What? Do you plan on biting me?" He growls. The evil man smirks. His stretchy arm flies at me and wraps around my wrist. I scream and try to hold onto Jason but he yanks me free. "Of course not. A hot woman is much more.... Delectable." "No! Don't! Please!!" I beg. Jason crosses his arms. "Dude you're making a mistake. We're married. It isn't going to taste good to you." He glares down at me and drops me. "You are so stupid." My husband smirks. "Actually we're quite smart. By doing what we did... You can't touch us." He runs at the man and hits him with a flaming fist. He stumbles back surprised. Jason kicks his legs out from behind him. He turns him super heavy and grabs his shirt. "Touch my girl again... I will kill you." He growls, dropping the guy. He turns him back to normal and the jerk leaves. "What about her?" "We should finish draining her dry. You don't want her to go through this shit too." I don't know why but I hate the thought of doing that. "I... It feels so wrong." I shakily say. "Nothing about our lives is right these days." He says, picking the woman up. She was crying and clearly in pain which thoroughly ticked Jason off. "Some vamps are shitheaded motherfuckers." He says about to bite her. "St-Stop please!" She begs shaking. He sighs. "Trust me you don't want to live like we do." "Wait!" I say. "What?" "We should let her choose what she wants." He rolls his eyes annoyed. "No we shouldn't. If we let her turn, she'd be inexperienced. And I'm not bringing her home with us. Suddenly she screams and Jason drops her. "Oh shit!" He shouts. The woman started bleeding from her eyes and nose and ears. "Shit!! Shit!! She's started the changing!!" He yells angrily. I'm scared. "We've got to get out of here!" He says, grabbing my arm and super speeding us home. "B-But we j-just left her.... W-Why'd we-" "We can't bring her back here. She'll just have to deal with it on her own." That feels so wrong!! He hugs me. "I'm sorry baby. There's nothing we can do."