Chapter 1

Miranda's pov

I was walking down the road to the coffeehouse when I caught a glimpse of a familiar build, hoping and praying it to be him, I dashed after him. Only to be yet again disappointed. The same way it's been for six years. "Oh Jason, will I ever find you?" I whisper, reaching the coffee shop. The wind blew my hair in my face and I heard the sound of a shoe skidding on concrete. I sighed softly and went inside. 

"Ha! You can't catch me!" I ran and he threw a water balloon, his arms encircling my waist. I laughed as we both fell to the ground. "Get off me!" My eleven year old voice rang through the air. He tickled me instead. I kicked and punched but he was stronger. I couldn't breathe by the time he let me up.

I smile at the memory and ordered. "What do I do, Jay? You were always so levelheaded. Even for an eleven year old." I wonder what he looks like now. Oh who am I kidding? He's probably been dead. I fight the angry sad tears and trudge back towards home, the bag of pastries clasped tight in my hand. I heard footsteps. "Hello?" I say, turning around. Silence. I looked over the bridge railing. The water sparkled in the evening sunset. Suddenly a hand clamped over my mouth, muffling the scream I just released. I  grip his arm and spin him against the railing. The guy staring back at me was so unbelievably pale. His black hair blocking half his face. He recovered from the surprise of me fighting back and grabbed my arms. "Let go of me!" I yelled. He smirked. "Not today." He threw me over his shoulder and I kicked and pounded his back, outraged. "You're kidnapping the wrong girl. I know a thing or two!" "I don't care I know it all." He says, matter of factly. I dropped my scones in the scuffle. "You jackass you owe me eight dollars!" I snap frustrated, my hair falling in my face, ticked imagining the fish in the river below feasting on my snack. He chuckles. "If you think I owe you for that, you're sure gonna hate me when we get home." "What do you want from me?!" "You'll find out but you won't like it." Fear squeezes my bones. Is he a rapist? A sex slave auctioner?! Am I gonna die?! He throws me in a car and ties my hands. "Just warning you I know martial arts, try fighting back you'll regret it." He says, starting it up. "I know martial arts too. Karate. Me and....my friend trained at the same dojo." A pang of sadness shoots through me. 

"You can't beat me standing like that. Cause I can just do this." He kicks my legs out from under me and smiles proudly. I blow a puff of air, blowing my hair out of my face. "Hey Jason your fly's undone." "What? No it's-" I cut the sentence short by pulling his leg, making him lose his balance and fall on top of me. "Ahh! You weigh a ton! Get offa me!" I shout. "Heh Heh sorry bout that." He says helping me up. 

"We're here." He grabs my arm. "Holy shit." I gasp, looking at the huge mansion. He drags me inside and the room is dark. Someone lights a candle.

Jason's pov

I light a candle when George asks me to just as the door opens. I put the matches in the drawer and block the light from the stupid candle so I can see. "A new blood slave! Found her about to jump off the bridge on Fort Benth Road." "I was not, buttbreath! I was just looking!" That voice. My shaking hand instantly falls to my side in shock and I step back, only to trip over a step stool! "What in... It... It can't be her!" I finally get my footing. They're all looking at me. "Why is it so damned dark?" She says. It's her. I can't believe it's her. "Tyrrell stands up and uses his magic to light the rest of the candles. She squints in the light. "Are you gonna tell me why I'm here now or am I gonna-" She freezes midsentence when her eyes finish scoping the room only to land on me. Recognition flashes in her eyes instantly. I look away feeling guilty for some reason. 

Miranda's pov

It can't be. He's.... All this time he's been alive and well! Living in a mansion!!! I pull free of the jackass. "JASON ALDINE WILLIAMS YOU BETTER LOOK AT ME THIS FUCKING INSTANT!!" His face contorts, his eyes shut tight. "I know it's you, boy!! I've been looking for you for six long years." Someone pats him on the back. "You know her?" He nods slightly, his teeth grit and eyes still closed. "I.... She.... When we.... I was a kid.... We were best friends.... When I was still..." His voice trails off as he looks up, finally meeting my eyes. Tears roll down my cheeks as I run over and hug him. 

Jason's pov

My body tenses in surprise but I wrap my arms around her. "It's been so long. So many nights wondering and worrying." She whispers into my shoulder. She pulls back, looking into my eyes. "Jason.... Where... Why'd you disappear?" I sigh and look away. "Because... I...I'm-" "She doesn't deserve any intros or back stories. She's a blood slave." Andy says. I glare at him. "What the fuck's a blood slave?" "I'm.... We're all vampires." I finally force myself to say. "V-Vam...No. This isn't funny. You were always the better prankster but this isn't funny." She fake laughs but I can tell she's scared. "I'm... I'm not.... It isn't a joke. I'm a vampire. That's why I left." "How? How'd you-" "Enough talking. I'm hungry!" She screams and I stand in front of her. "Find someone else!" He glares at me annoyed. "It took me all day to stalk her!" "I don't care!" I grab her arm and we go to my room. I lock the door tight. "This won't.... This is kinda hard to explain but please I'm being completely honest." I shakily start.

Miranda's pov

He's petrified. Why is he so scared? "I.... Apparently... My parents are vampires. And I was born a vampire but it doesn't kick in til I turned twelve that's why I left when I was eleven. I didn't want to hurt anyone." "But that... Doesn't make sense. Your parents still live on Sycam-" "I was adopted remember? They were my adoptive parents. My birth parents are vampires. I've met them and everything." "I'm.... So what does all this mean?" He shrugs, staring at me worriedly. "You.... Andy was supposed to.... You are.... How can I put this nicely..... You're supposed to be dinner for everyone." I freeze. "W-What?" "At the end of every week one of us gets someone and everyone drinks their blood. You just happened to be the one Andy found interesting." I feel like I'm gonna be sick. I stare at my long lost best friend, guilt written all over his face. "You.... You do it too?" He sighs and nods. "I've got to." "N-No... I c-can't... I think I'm gonna be sick." I whisper, nauseous. "I'm so sorry. I never wanted you to find me." "I've been searching for six God damned years. Six long years of wondering if my best friend was dead!!" I yell, the dizziness not at all subsiding. I angrily walk over. "You... You never wanted to be found?!" I punch him in the chest." He sighs. "Miranda please don't do this. You don't know what you're doing." "I know I'm making up for all the days you made me worry!" I yell, readying my fist again. I swing it down but he grabs it, backing me up against the wall. "Stop!" He chokes out, getting all sweaty. "Look it's been a week since I've fed. I an this close to snapping. You need to stop!" He struggled to say through clenched teeth and I see his fangs and bloodshot red eyes. He shakily backs up, letting me go. His red eyes changing back into the emerald I remember. He was breathing heavily, fearful. "I... I'm sorry. Just don't... C-Come near me... Not til I've fed." My heart is pounding out of my chest. 

Jason's pov

I wipe the sweat off my face. I shakily back up to the door and unlock it. "Stay here." I shakily say, a headache from hunger pounding at the surface. I unlock the door and open it, dizzy. I glance back at her. She's completely terrified. I use magic to lock the door. Now that way I know she can't get out. "What are we gonna do about feeding?" "I'm not waiting another week cause Jason's got the hots for the blood slave!" Teresa growls pointing back at me. "It isn't a crush! She's my friend. I knew her before I found out I was a vampire. You guys can't hurt her. Please I'm begging I'll go out and get us someone but don't hurt her while I'm gone! Control yourselves." I can tell by the looks on their faces, they're gonna wait. "So ya gonna turn her?" My pace quickens, my eyes opening wide. "I don't know." I murmur running a hand through my hair. "Well hurry up and go. We're starving." I sigh and nod. "I'll be back." I pull my hood on and walk out. Hopefully five hungry vampires can ignore the sound of her racing pulse for an hour or two. I hope. I know it was hard for me. I heard the damn thing while I was in there with her. "Please stay in there." I think to her. I can feel her surprise. "How did you do that?" I hear in my head. "Just something I can do now, honey." I think back to her.